Wiring question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Recently I purchased a 211k and sent my Hopper w/Sling back to DISH to save money on DVR fees. I unhooked one of the coax cables from the solo node (Fed from a Western Arc dish), put a barrel on it, and fed that to the 211k. Everything works great.

My question is, what can I do with the other cable that was connected to the solo node? Can I feed a second 211k with that? Can I also simply put a splitter on the coax and feed two 211k's? I'm thinking of buying another 211 for my daughter's bedroom and want to see what my options are.

You can't use a splitter at all. You can use that second coax to feed a second 211...

My neighbor has an Eastern Arc dish; she is using one of the LNB feeds and now I'm running off the other. She is using a splitter to send one feed to her living room and one to her bedroom. Can you use a splitter on EA dishes but not WA?

Last edited:
How can one tell the difference? They both look really similar

You can tell by the specs and the writing on the device. Diplexers pass power power on one leg and UHF TV frequencies on the other. If it's running 2 TV's from a Dish LNB line then it's a diplexer or may be a tap if it's a Hopper system as you can't split the LNB lines to feed multiple receivers.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I understand the DC voltage pass-through, but even some splitters have that capability right? I'll take photos of some of these tonight so you guys can see what I'm talking about!

My neighbor has an Eastern Arc dish; she is using one of the LNB feeds and now I'm running off the other. She is using a splitter to send one feed to her living room and one to her bedroom. Can you use a splitter on EA dishes but not WA?

You can't use a splitter on either EA or WA dishes. Diplexers can work as schmidty said above, but these are either for adding an OTA antenna signal to one cable (as I do), or backfeeding TV2 (as I don't do). The 1000.2 and 1000.4 both have 3 DPP outputs (and one LNB input for a wing dish). They are wired directly (except for diplexers) to receivers, since they have an internal switch. "DPP" stands for DishPro Plus, and it means you can feed both tuners of a dual-tuner receiver using one cable with a separator at the end. Separators aren't splitters either, although you might think of both a diplexer and a separator as frequency-dependent splitters.

You can't use a splitter on either EA or WA dishes. Diplexers can work as schmidty said above, but these are either for adding an OTA antenna signal to one cable (as I do), or backfeeding TV2 (as I don't do). The 1000.2 and 1000.4 both have 3 DPP outputs (and one LNB input for a wing dish). They are wired directly (except for diplexers) to receivers, since they have an internal switch. "DPP" stands for DishPro Plus, and it means you can feed both tuners of a dual-tuner receiver using one cable with a separator at the end. Separators aren't splitters either, although you might think of both a diplexer and a separator as frequency-dependent splitters.

A+
Your neighbor most likely has one duo box for 2 TVs, if there is a actual splitter shod be after the diplexer on the UHF/VHF line if they have mirrored TVs (two TV 2 showing the same picture)
If you replace diplexer with splitter you may burn the TV tuner on the secondary TV.
You can connect up to 3 non hopper receivers to DPP LNB (directly without splitters) or more with 44 Switch.
If you switching east/west ark dishes don't forget to run "check switch"
The current model diplexer looks like the picture below (there is older models looking different):

1205428666dpd2.jpg

A+
Your neighbor most likely has one duo box for 2 TVs, if there is a actual splitter is there by mistake or they have mirrored TVs (two TV 2 showing the same picture)
You can connect up to 3 non hopper receivers to DPP LNB (directly without splitters) or more with 44 Switch.
The current model diplexer locks like the picture below (there is older models locking different:

1205428666dpd2.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what it looks like

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)