Wiring two 722's / Modulation

snacks5825

Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
USA
Hello,

I have two 722 receivers wired independently each unit has TV2 running to a different TV. What I want to do is take both of the modulated outputs and combine them into one cable. Once completed I would set each receiver to modulate on different channels.

The goal is on each TV2 location I can use both receivers. Each one would need to be modulated to a different channel probably 60 and 73 then I could watch which ever one was not in use or have access to both DVR's in TV2 locations. I would leave remotes for each receiver at each TV2

I currently have diplexers installed only one cable at each TV location. Please advise on how this could be wired.

Thanks!

The diplexers are used starting at the TV1 location to feed TV2 there is one cable in the wall. Where do I insert the splitter backwards? Do I have to somehow get the the diplexer in the basement included somewhere?

Thanks!

... Each one would need to be modulated to a different channel probably 60 and 73 then I could watch which ever one was not in use or have access to both DVR's in TV2 locations. I would leave remotes for each receiver at each TV2 . ...
You would set four different channels... one each for each TV1 and one each for each TV2. Simply use a splitter "backwards" or take the two coaxes you wish to combine and connect them both to the splitter Out connections. Take the combined four channels from the In connection.

The diplexers are used starting at the TV1 location to feed TV2 there is one cable in the wall. Where do I insert the splitter backwards? Do I have to somehow get the the diplexer in the basement included somewhere?

Thanks!

I can't guarantee the modulators will cooperate with each other, but I would think the easiest way would be to take the TV2 output from each diplexer, on the other end (not the diplexers by the receivers,) use a splitter to combine both signals, then use another splitter, and couple the new setup with the existing wiring going to each TV2.

This is assuming both of your diplexers are in close proximity to each other. Even at that, just use longer cables if necessary.

You need to combine the AIR outputs of the two diplexers furthest from the receivers. If the two diplexers are some distance apart, this can be problematic.

Also, as SaltiDawg points out, you're getting four channels, not two. Make sure you skip at least one channel between each.

Smartass response deleted...

That I did not know. Just checked it out. So yeah, ignore the "balance of incorrect info."

Even at that, TV1 doesn't even have to be enabled. It is disabled by default. So he still doesn't have to worry about 4 channels unless he wants TV1.

He only mentions 2 channels, which most likely means his receiver isn't even putting out a TV1 signal (AKA disabled by default.) So whether or not he wanted to combine two receiver signals, he has 2 channels to worry about unless, again, he enabled TV1 out.

Anyway, my first post still stands:

I can't guarantee the modulators will cooperate with each other, but I would think the easiest way would be to take the TV2 output from each diplexer, on the other end (not the diplexers by the receivers,) use a splitter to combine both signals, then use another splitter, and couple the new setup with the existing wiring going to each TV2.

This is assuming both of your diplexers are in close proximity to each other. Even at that, just use longer cables if necessary.

EDIT:

Also, another thing to consider, is that when in dual mode, there is no way to operate TV1 with the TV2 remote, without reprogramming it. So, it may not be feasible to enable TV1 out anyway, unless you plan on running to the TV1 room to change the channel, or watching what someone else is watching. In single mode it will work though. You could buy some more UHF Pro remotes, to fix that problem. TV1 remotes are IR-only.

Last edited:
Call it what you want. I am just trying to help the guy, and putting out relevant information which may be useful to him. I see that I was corrected once, acknowledged it, and further explained why it doesn't really matter much anyway. You apparently enjoy arguing on the Internet more so than helping others out, so not only did you give a vague amount of information, but you proceed with personal insults towards another who is trying to further help, and then added another post which added absolutely zero to the discussion.

So who's the jackass in this scenario?

Hint: Look in the mirror.

P.S. Future posts from yourself are now ignored. If the topic creator has further questions, or someone else posts, I will respond.

Deleted useless info that was repeated, which I already stated in the first place... (Contrary to 3HaloODST suggestion that you would need to re-program your existing remotes. :rolleyes: )

Also, another thing to consider, is that when in dual mode, there is no way to operate TV1 with the TV2 remote, without reprogramming it. So, it may not be feasible to enable TV1 out anyway, unless you plan on running to the TV1 room to change the channel, or watching what someone else is watching. In single mode it will work though. You could buy some more UHF Pro remotes, to fix that problem. TV1 remotes (that came with the receiver) are IR-only.

Wow haha, I was gonna try and ignore your posts, but just wow, I didn't realize you were mentally challenged. I am so sorry, I didn't know you had reading comprehension issues.

There I made a detailed explanation, and highlighted the things you overlooked, again, I'm sorry I didn't know you were mentally handicapped.

P.S. Nice recovery! - NOT!

Thanks for the help it works great! Now one more question..

Is there a way to add a cable feed into the mix? I have basic cable with my internet because its cheaper to bundle it. With basic I get my locals in HD is there a way to get these on my tv2 locations as well using the tuner in the TV?

Thanks!

I'm not completely sure, but I think you would need a low pass filter on the incoming cable feed, then use a splitter to combine the signal with the DISH RF Modulators. Not sure how well ATSC would work with that though.

With basic I get my locals in HD is there a way to get these on my tv2 locations as well using the tuner in the TV?
You'll need to install some sort of filter to cut off the upper cable frequencies. Even basic cable fills the entire bandwidth with frequencies that will smash any and all of your modulated channels.

snacks5825 said:
Thanks for the help it works great! Now one more question..

Is there a way to add a cable feed into the mix? I have basic cable with my internet because its cheaper to bundle it. With basic I get my locals in HD is there a way to get these on my tv2 locations as well using the tuner in the TV?

Thanks!

If you do get it to work, its gonna look snowy, too many signals running down one cable. If you can run a seperate cable for your cable feed ( obviously not sat tv2) and get an a/b switch. To switch fro. Cable to sat tv2 connections.

I had an A/B switch and a separate run for the cable in the basement that works ok. I did add the cable feed in with the modulators the cable looks great HD and all but the modulated channels did get a little snowy upstairs I would really like to get this working so I don't have to run another line through the attic and into my room!

I've been hearing that a low pass or notch filter should fix this but I can't find anyone locally that sells them. I can get one off Amazon for $20-30 but would like to go local if I can.

Anyone else have success with this before I order one?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts