Wiring.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

.Andy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Los Angeles CA 6
I have the DISH guy coming out to hardwire my boxes. I am already paying for power relocation. What is the odds of me having him connect a cat 6 cable thru my wall. It is going from the modem 2 inches away from the Hopper 3 to the same spot as my TV.

Also, What are the odds that I get/pay the installer to run an HDMI cable from where he relocates my power to 10 feet across the room where my computer is? I really want to be able to use my computer and have it show up on screen.

I bought the supplies cause I'm going to have it done regardless if I have to pay someone else. I just prefer to get it done.

Also do you know if tipping is allowed?

He offered to do it for $50 wiring service then dispatch kept calling him and he didn't get it done. He left the floor filthy with drywall. I'm not very happy

The information presented here about tipping is directly contradictory to what has been stated multiple times in the past. And recent past. Maybe it's just your shop... Are you DNS?

The information presented here about tipping is directly contradictory to what has been stated multiple times in the past. And recent past. Maybe it's just your shop... Are you DNS?
I work for a regional Service provider that's well known in the West coast. Linkus, not aloud to take tips but if someone shook my hand at the end of the job and something slipped in , what can ya do but thank them?
I have been told never take tips you will be terminated, so I don't take them.
As for DNS I consider myself a Dish Network Technician but I go through Linkus. Same tools, trucks/vans,uniforms,but I get a good pay system.

I can't believe Dish is having their installers mount TVs and relocate power. Why not focus on installs and service calls? :what

There can't be much margin on this and it takes focus away from their primary business.

I can't believe Dish is having their installers mount TVs and relocate power. Why not focus on installs and service calls? :what

There can't be much margin on this and it takes focus away from their primary business.
To mount the tv they wanted $199.

The power relocation was a $100. It cost $70 for the part. So It was worth the $30 in labor to have someone who knows what they are doing it for me and it took him 30 min. Thats $60/hr + they probably get the part wholesale.

They've been pushing additional services and products for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)