Wish AT60 looked like this

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Was at a buddy’s house last week and saw what he has for TV. Cable from the phone company (local phone company..only in that town of 20K). When I lived there they didn’t have cable from them, only one of the big conglomerate ones (Mediacom, which is still there). Phone company is Hutchinson phone company (Hutch, MN)

Looked at the brochure and damn…wish Dish had this for their Top60. I know Dish wants you to spend a lot, but I think Dish could get more customers by offering this Top60. I did a comparison which is below.

Also, Dish always says the PI & those crappy knockoff shopping channels are helping us save money…but how? Why can the phone company get these channels for cheaper?

Now don’t say “well get that then” because I don’t live there anymore. This was a “wish Dish would do something like this…mainly get rid of 20 PI/Shopping channels and give us normal channels : )

Attachments

• DISH TOP 60.doc
    112.5 KB · Views: 457
Ummm SOMEONE here wants the Public Interest channels! points at self. I want to be able to watch "Democracy Now!" with Amy Goodman. You may just want some entertainment but I want some educational programming like this and educational programming INTERNATIONAL or other interests not carried on the regular channels.

below can be added for 6.95
103 Court TV
231 MTV: Music Television
107 ESPN News
233 MTV2: Music Television
136 E! Entertainment TV
235 VH1 Music First
144 Sci-Fi Channel
251 C-Span 2
149 Comedy Central
277 PBS You
153 American Life TV
279 RFD TV
156 Turner Classic Movies
491 The Golf Channel
158 Fox Movie Channel
492 Outdoor Channel
160 Women's Entertainment
493 The Sportsman Channel
195 PBS Kids
494 Speed Channel
228 GAC - Great Am. Country

and includes 45 music channels (DMX or something like that)

Their sports pack is 4.95
FUEL
Fox Soccer Channel
Horse Race TV
CSTV
Fox College Sports

FAX a copy to DISH executive offices they have some good cable competetion there. It might open their eyes to what the competetion is offering.

jhamps10 said:
reasons I don't like AT60:
<begin list>
NO fox news
Has CNN
NO OLN
NO RSN without paying the 5 bucks extra.
<end list>

Keep in mind CNN has been around for a LONG, LONG time so you're bound to get it in any basic channel package unless it's a local channels cable package.

yeah but the local cable companyhere standard cable also offers OLN, MTV2, FOX NEWS, MSNBC etc.. all in the standard analog cable package. I am sure a llot of the reasons a lot of the channels are in AT120 instead of AT60 is because those channels did not exist when Charlie started E* and basically he had already filled up AT60 so he decided to create another tier... cable companies have no problem with shuffling or bumping channels from Standard to make room for other channels. Since cable was orginally designed as 30-60 channels including PPV and Preimums, now that cable companies are going digital, they have bumped preimums and PPV up to the digital tiers (requring the digital box) and filling the analog holes left by those channels with the rairities (typically not found on Standard Cable) such as MTV2, ESPN Classics, Noggin, Toon Disney etc.. .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts