With a 322 receiver is this possible?

ahorton444

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Michigan
With a 322 receiver is this possible? Or does this only work with the 722k? I couldn't get it to work on my 322 but am looking to upgrade to the 722k.

Home Distribution will output both TV1 and TV2 signals. If I use the home distribution coax to TVs 2, 3 and 4, I could watch either TV1 or TV2 programming on any of the TVs except the first.

Correct? Please let me know what receivers this is possible on.

Thanks!

Only works on VIP units. You can however use a 2 way splitter to combine the TV1 and TV2 outputs on the receiver in to one line and that will work.

when you say split the coax tv 1 and 2 connection, do you mean the home distribution for TV 2 and coax out TV 1 go into a splitter, then I run that into the already established cable system in the house? Then connect tv 1 through the red white and yellow connection for tv 1. TV 2 can then pick to watch TV 1 or TV2 ?

When you combine the two outputs using the splitter in reverse it will combine the two signals allowing both tv1 and tv2 on one coax line, you can then split that off and have tv1 and tv2 on all tv's including the original tv1 and thus you would not need to use composite connection for first set unless you prefer using that connection.

Ok, just so I understand.

Use the coax out from TV1 (CH 3-4 output) and use the coax out from TV2 (home distribution), put those into a splitter.

Run that splitter into the already reversed cable system through the house.

Plug any TV into the cable system and pick TV1 or TV2 signal.

Correct?

Ok, just so I understand.

Use the coax out from TV1 (CH 3-4 output) and use the coax out from TV2 (home distribution), put those into a splitter.

Run that splitter into the already reversed cable system through the house.

Plug any TV into the cable system and pick TV1 or TV2 signal.

Correct?

That would be correct. Make sure you do not have two receivers using the same channels that is using the coax home distribution. You may need to program one receiver on channels 3 and 60 which is default and the second one to 4 and 33 for example.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

You'll be fine as described. Your tv1 out is going to be on channel 3 or 4 and tv2 will be on a much higher channel and won't interfere.

If you see worse picture quality splitting the signal then I would purchase an amplifier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys