With DTV getting FoxHD, how many will switch ?

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
"D" getting Fox HD is kind of the last straw and although I expect E will get it too eventually, I'm sick of the equipment and service problems I've had with E.

I've had Dish for 7+ years and spend over $120 / month. I'm aware of the current new customer promos from DTV but wonder what the best deal others have gotten to cross over ? Also, what kind of deals have others gotten by Dish to NOT switch ?

WaltinVt

Accually D* doesn't have FOX-HD up yet. The rumor is that they won't have full time FOX-HD until after the NFL season is over. They are showing some of the ALCS and NLCS games in HD but only in O&O areas.

NightRyder

I'll only switch if and when D* makes good on all their HD plans and if E* fails to remain competitive. Grandiose press releases about future plans don't mean sh*t to me.

NightRyder

I'll only switch if and when D* makes good on all their HD plans and if E* fails to remain competitive. Grandiose press releases about future plans don't mean sh*t to me.

NightRyder

Same here, thank the Lord I have Bell

NightRyder said:

NightRyder

Exactly. Their latest press releases are wonderful for baiting gullible subscribers, but you can't tune in a press release ....

Plus, with the 811, I have 2 Fox channels in HD ....

With all of the Club Dish credits I got built up, I'd be hard pressed to switch to D*, unless they overwelmingly had better/more HD programming than E*. :D

I had Dish and got tired of the BS about HD so I switched to VOOM I love it. I get 36 HD chanels and a total of 140 chanels. They have some real nice chanels check it out. If you have any questions I may be able to help.

I originally wanted to go with Voom but had no LOS of the bird. Hopefully, with thier new spot at 175 or wherever that is, I can get it in a few years...that is unless E* buys them out.

dispatcher_21 said:
I originally wanted to go with Voom but had no LOS of the bird. Hopefully, with thier new spot at 175 or wherever that is, I can get it in a few years...that is unless E* buys them out.

Sorry but VOOM won't exist in a few years. Baring some unforeseen miracle or someone like E* buying them up they have no future. If someone doesn't buy them they will exhaust their operating capital sometime in 2006.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)