With Google buying Motorola how will this affect the future of 4DTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
tvropro said:
Go Go Disney even they don't like him :rolleyes: :)

I can't understand how any consumer would be pro Disney on this. They want to charge twice for the same content. If this flies, everyone's bill will go up, since all providers will have to pass on the doubling of cost.

We don't get Disney on the 4D so it don't affect us. From what I understand is Charlie didn't pay for programming that he sold to his subs. This is why Disney is ticked. Charlie thinks because he has numbers he can control the programmers, he's finding out different. How come Direct or Comcast don't have issues with Disney? There's more to this than meets the eye. Reminds me of how Motorola disliked NPS but SRL had no problems. There's some part of the story that's not being released to the public.

I think that there are a ton of people upset with Direct / Dish that would be happy to switch to Google Satellite Network.
$10 dollars cheaper a month for the same, yet definately superior non fade video straight from the source of a new 4DTV Receiver.
We need to work on a formal letter to them!!!!

I think that there are a ton of people upset with Direct / Dish that would be happy to switch to Google Satellite Network.
$10 dollars cheaper a month for the same, yet definately superior non fade video straight from the source of a new 4DTV Receiver.

Now that would be cool! Every HD channel in Full HD with a DBS sized dish and an option to lease your reliever.

I agree. Except it would have to be on KU.

Kb Cool said:
Cband= very little subcribers!

Typo, extremely very very little subcribers more like.

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL

Go Go Disney even they don't like him :rolleyes: :)

I'm no Charlie fan myself, even though I do have a Dish account. BUT, I'll be darned to heck if I'm gonna start rooting for Disney in any case. My reasons are not satellite related, and probably not acceptable discussion in these forums. Suffice it say, I'm not a Disney fan (of the company that is, of course I do like some of their product).

Cheers

If Echostar got it they would stop home use period and convert all to pizza. Not a good move.

Actually I doubt that. It is just that the physical requirements of 4DTV / DCII do not meet the needs of most of the public. I don't care who you are it stinks from a business standpoint.
Echostar produced quite a few receivers for C Band in the past. They would do it again if the economic incentive was there but it is not. I don't think there are enough of us to interest dish, direct or anyone else even for conversion to their systems. They simply don't really care at all. Now Comcast for some reason might, just might care enough to do something with it to bring their business into hard to reach areas. I don't know if they would get into 4DTV or not. It would just be weird if a cable company saved our @$$ because in the old days they were the enemy.

:rant:

I'm no Charlie fan myself, even though I do have a Dish account. BUT, I'll be darned to heck if I'm gonna start rooting for Disney in any case. My reasons are not satellite related, and probably not acceptable discussion in these forums. Suffice it say, I'm not a Disney fan (of the company that is, of course I do like some of their product).

Cheers

Disney charges very high prices for their product, this shouldn't be the case but they have the right since it is theirs. Anybody who has the power to take on Charlie I will root for. Charlie put such a dent in c band programming numbers by his dirty games that all we have left is H2H. He also got in bed with Show and HBO and kept them from selling to us. Charlie needs a taste of his own medicine, he's getting it now with Disney cutting him off and his record loss of subscribers lately.

I like Disney's product still even if there not the old Walt run company.

Actually I doubt that. It is just that the physical requirements of 4DTV / DCII do not meet the needs of most of the public. I don't care who you are it stinks from a business standpoint.
Echostar produced quite a few receivers for C Band in the past. They would do it again if the economic incentive was there but it is not. I don't think there are enough of us to interest dish, direct or anyone else even for conversion to their systems. They simply don't really care at all. Now Comcast for some reason might, just might care enough to do something with it to bring their business into hard to reach areas. I don't know if they would get into 4DTV or not. It would just be weird if a cable company saved our @$$ because in the old days they were the enemy.

:rant:

Comcast has the tools in place at there fingertips to take on DBS. All that is needed is a new receiver which actually Shaw has and an advertising campaign. I get at least one Comcast mailer every week it wouldn't be hard to capitalize on that advertising which is already in place.

With Google buying Motorola we will see the google logo appear on tv screen ? I guess it is time to stop taking hits ? My dish stays on PBS KU and they are FREE !

Charlie put such a dent in c band programming numbers by his dirty games that all we have left is H2H. He also got in bed with Show and HBO and kept them from selling to us.
yep blame Charlie for everything...if the power goes out hell you'd blame Charlie., If gas prices go up you'd blame Charlie. :rolleyes:

Charlie needs a taste of his own medicine, he's getting it now with Disney cutting him off and his record loss of subscribers lately.

its more of the fees they charge (Extra receiver fees and such)
Me...I just added the Welcome Pack to my entertainment setup with "moved" locals in HD and added the Outdoor sports pack for $3
World Fishing
Sportsman Channel in HD (the same one that is scrambled on 121W)
Outdoor Channel
MavTV (in HD)
Added a hard drive for a one time $40 fee so for $18 a month (and no DVR fees) I'm set :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)