With Google buying Motorola how will this affect the future of 4DTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yep blame Charlie for everything...if the power goes out hell you'd blame Charlie., If gas prices go up you'd blame Charlie. :rolleyes:

Come on Ice Charlie played a big role in the downfall of the big dish subscriptions pure and simple. He has killed it for years, first with YSP then with NPS. You can candy coat it all you want but it is what it is. Ask any C band insiders that have been in the game as long as I have.

Charlie is interested in one thing Dish Network and the almighty dollar he turns with it. Now he's getting your dollars too. (Thats your prerogative) He never got or ever will a red cent from me. That's a promise. Your moving away from the hobby more and more but if that what you want so be it.

My interest has peaked once again with the new HD receiver I got. I even went out the other day and did a total realignment of the 12, it's smoking end to end on the arc. The broadcast masters in HD are awesome and its all free :) I love it :D Finding more cable channels ITC daily too. It ain't dead by no means :)

Last edited:
I tend to think the downfall of cband is more like self inflicted suicide. Taken out by a High definition DVR Pizza Bullet!:D

Is there any statement from Motorola that the satellite receivers were included in the sale? Motorola could of very easily kept the satellite business and only let the cell phone end of the business go. Do we know for sure that the satellite business was included in the sale?

Its up to the antitrust regulators to decide ultimatly what they do get and what they do not get. Back in January Motorola broke its company into two units.

#1 Motorola Mobility delivers personalized information to meet the needs of consumers both in the home and on the go.

#2 Motorola Solutions provides mission-critical communications products and services to enterprises and governments.

The one the purchase agreement with Google covers IS Motorola Mobility, which as previously mentioned covers VIDEO delivery.

Video Solutions Homepage - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA <--

Does that mean that Google will keep it? No one but Google knows. Does it mean the sky is falling? Probably not. Is it interesting from a third party point of view? I think it is.

Take it for what it is.

Come on Ice Charlie played a big role in the downfall of the big dish subscriptions pure and simple. He has killed it for years, first with YSP then with NPS. You can candy coat it all you want but it is what it is. Ask any C band insiders that have been in the game as long as I have.

Charlie is interested in one thing Dish Network and the almighty dollar he turns with it. Now he's getting your dollars too. (Thats your prerogative) He never got or ever will a red cent from me. That's a promise. Your moving away from the hobby more and more but if that what you want so be it.

My interest has peaked once again with the new HD receiver I got. I even went out the other day and did a total realignment of the 12, it's smoking end to end on the arc. The broadcast masters in HD are awesome and its all free :) I love it :D Finding more cable channels ITC daily too. It ain't dead by no means :)

I don't blame you with the new receiver that gets broadcast masters ITC. Wait, is that all the broadcast masters even the DC II? I have heard of the Black Cipher open architecture
receivers but always thought they were a pipe dream. Possible but the decryption algorithms that strip all layers of encryption require a bit of computing power to say the least. No need to fool authorization systems with one of those however. With that everything is in the clear. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)