With the Pats vs. Giants game on 3 networks which channel will you watch?

Which network will you watch the game on

• NFL Network

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • CBS

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • NBC

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
NFL Network most likely, but I may go watch it on CBS too.
Whichever network gives me the better PQ is the network that I will be watching.

NFL, our local NBC PQ for sports sucks and CBS affiliate hasn't commited to carrying the game yet.

CBS because I can't stand the other networks announcers.

I think the why will be the same for everyone. Since I'm with The HD Loser, and can't get OTA, then NFL Network is the only HD option for me.

Im sure CBS will give it the bandwidth it needs. Everything looks better on CBS, I expect this to be no different.

HA! Check out WAFB. 11.5 megabits.

Want something better than that? ;) Check out KALB. NBC-HD and CBS-HD on ONE DT carrier. It is stat-muxed and not CBR but never the less, it's ugly.

Watching on NBC here since they don't run any subchannels.

Our CBS (WKYT) downconverts the network feed to 720p and ALSO transmits a CW feed as 720p on their .2 channel. Very rare for 2 HD feeds on one channel but they do it. So likely NFL HD (Dish) for me.

Last edited:
Definitely CBS. NFL network ain't bad. However, OTA CBS at a nice strong bitrate will work just fine.

However, NBC is awful--macroblocking, pixelation, motion artifacts, compression artifacts--the worst of HDTV comes out with NBC football. Their dramas and talk shows are fine. However, football on NBC? Shudder. I would rather watch HD-lite NFL Network, TNT, HDNet or Universal HD on Dish than NBC football.

WAFB in Baton Rouge? Damn you, Digiblur. I'm homesick now.

i will check out the PQ on each and decide that way. I suspect my local CBS affiliate OTA but there is no reason to plan ahead on this one.

HA! Check out WAFB. 11.5 megabits.

Want something better than that? ;) Check out KALB. NBC-HD and CBS-HD on ONE DT carrier. It is stat-muxed and not CBR but never the less, it's ugly.

Watching on NBC here since they don't run any subchannels.
Sorry to hear that. CBSHD via OTA here is flawless, typically looking like a fine fillet Mignon compared to McDonalds cheeseburgers to nearly everything else. This will be a ground breaking comparison IMO to D* NFLHD in mpeg4

Our CBS (WKYT) downconverts the network feed to 720p and ALSO transmits a CW feed as 720p on their .2 channel. Very rare for 2 HD feeds on one channel but they do it. So likely NFL HD (Dish) for me.

At least they run 720p on both. KALB runs 1080i on both!

WAFB in Baton Rouge? Damn you, Digiblur. I'm homesick now.

Yep that's the one. Home of the LSU Tigers on the CBS-HD brought to you in macroblack vision WAFB HD! ;) They are also the hardest station to catch due to their low power. WVLA, WGMB, WBRZ, etc are easy to catch due to their high power signals.

Wow, just looked at KALB's website - never heard of one channel carrying 2 of the 4 major networks before. Damn - they will be transmitting the NBC & CBS feed for this game, 1080i, on one channel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts