WMYD (RF31) Detroit brings ATSC 3.0 to the metro Detroit area.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Failed example. ATSC 3 is pretty well guaranteed to have pay options, 5-10 years down the road.
Maybe 6-7

This time around, there’s more content to entice us with. Stuff that will not be available for free elsewhere, if they get their way.

One free channel on that frequency. More might be too much to expect.

They know we are used to paying for content. Might be easier than cable- just tune your TV to another channel

Keep in mind that pay services with ATSC3 will be hidden and not displayed on the normal receiver. This is different than the 1980s suppress pulse format that you saw on UHF Also broadcasters want to recover the cost for sports fees like they do with providers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you doubt that stations will use the bandwidth for anyuthing other than cramming more channels into the same spectrum so that they can make more money? 8K! I seriously doubt that.

I don't. :( Do you think they'll even broadcast any channels in 4K, regardless of the capability??
I think they are after the conditional access in ATSC 3.0

If they just wanted a more efficient codec, they could have used MPEG4 H.264 which is supported in ATSC 1.0

The broadcasters are losing millions in retransmission fees from cable and dishes as people “cut the cord”. A conditional access system enables them to charge for the subchannels, thus replacing the lost retrans fees. All you will eventually have for free is one 480i stripped down channel that gives you news, weather and Jerry Springer.

Reactions: RONZ
I suspect some TVs will let you set up payments so that all you need to do is tune in the channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)