WNBC etc on all Dish bundles?

fo0bar

Jun 19, 2009
Reno, NV
Hello, first time poster here. Satelliteguys.us kept showing up in Google search while I was researching satellite, so I figure this is a good place to ask.

Last week I signed up for Dish. I was sick of paying $60/mo for Charter expanded basic, and came across and ad for Dish. Silver 200 + Silver HD, Cinemax free for a year (I didn't choose the HBO free for 3 months thing), 722 HD DVR and locals for $32.99 per month + 24 month contract. Woo! My install is tomorrow morning.

It's the locals I'm wondering about. My DMA (Reno) is covered and seems to include everything but PBS HD, but to tell you the truth, I'm not interested in the "local" aspect of it, but I still wanted NBC, CBS, FOX, etc. When I called to ask, I was told that I had to get the locals to get those networks.

But I just checked the Zap2It listings off Dish's website. The listings include Reno's locals (beginning at 8000, which is convenient), but they also list WNBC, WCBS, WNYW, etc, beginning at 8100. Are those channels available for everyone? Can I cancel the locals on my account and receive the major networks, but in the NY market for "free"? Or are those channels only for people who want "locals" but are not in a DMA covered by Dish?

Assuming the answer is "yes, you can get the major networks through NYC without getting 'locals'", can I modify my account to remove the locals, even with a contract?

If not, no big deal, it's just $5/mo. But I'm getting antsy waiting for the install to see myself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts