WNYE 25 New York City

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
I noticed that several days ago this channel is off the air with a message that reads:

Sorry for the interruption. There is no need to call us. We are aware that this TV station is temporarily unavailable and we have this channel back as quickly as possible.

Anyone know what is happening here? I get the feeling it might have something to do with the digital transition so I also must wonder how much this is going to happen to all LiL SD channels all over country.

I wouldn't be surprised if DoITT didn't renew the must carry on time. I used to work closely with them, and they are a bureaucracy to say the least.

I thought they were PBS and had mandatory must carry status

Nope. WNYE is a noncommercial independent station and is run by the NYC Government.

It has dropped all of its PBS programming and replaced it with local (NYC) programming. It dropped the PBS affiliation in 2004.

Went thru dish's website help, phone cust. service, and finally transferred to Tech to get someone who could read the Update straight from the screen and their line is that WNYE chose not to continue broadcasting on Dish for 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts