WNYW (NYC FOX) HD Having audio dropouts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
Just hooked up my 622 last night. Tried watching 24 on the NYC Fox HD affiliate. There was 1/2 second audio dropouts about every 20 seconds.

Was this a transmission glitch, a problem with the 622, or what? I didn't know if anyone else saw the problem.......

BobMurdoch said:
Just hooked up my 622 last night. Tried watching 24 on the NYC Fox HD affiliate. There was 1/2 second audio dropouts about every 20 seconds.

Was this a transmission glitch, a problem with the 622, or what? I didn't know if anyone else saw the problem.......

Bob,

Are you using the RCA outs for audio? There's been some chatter about changing the output from line to rf makes a difference in that scenario. The choice is in the Dolby Setup menu.

Cheers,
Sam

I have it via the optical out to my receiver. I did change the setting to line outs for my DVD recorder though.....

Bob, I've the same problem with a similar setup as yours: Audio from 622 to my Denon 2803 via the optical out. All other channels, HD and SD, work fine. I've tried both the Line and R/F options with no change. Not sure of the source of the problem.

For reference, I'm in the Freehold, NJ area.

Is it just confined to Fox? NBC was fine last night. I haven't watched more than that as I only got it installed last night.....

Also, is it confined to the 622, or are other receivers seeing the same problem? Granted that is only one or two other models since on ly mpeg4 receivers can see the channel.

I thought it might be the mpeg4, but then I saw that this is "faux mpeg4" and is really mpeg2.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)