Wondering what I need........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tumbleweeds

Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Southern Colorado
I have a fully functional 8' C/KU Band dish with a DSR922. I did the recent upgrades w/o issue so all is good. A friend of mine gave me a new Pansat 3500SD FTA receiver that I'd like to hook up to my current setup but I have no idea what all I'll need - if anything - for the hookup. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thank you.

I'll rephrase my question- For the most basic attempt at FTA can I just use the KU cable from the big dish, plug it into the FTA receiver and get FTA channels? But use the DSR922 to move the dish to FTA locations? From what I've read in other threads it appears that I can but I want to confirm that before I try something that may not work.
Thanks

After thinking about it for about a day, I think the easiest way is to use the 922 to move the dish and select polarity. )If polorotor equipped) use a HF Splitter, (link to ) Satellite AV in the LNB coax to get C band signal to the FTA box. For the addition of Ku, add a Diseqc switch to switch between the Ku coax and the C band from the splitter. Your FTA would power the Ku. What feed and lnb do you have? answer would change some if it's a C/K LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)