Woo-hoo! A new dish channel!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jason Kragt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Check out channel 125. It appears to be a 24-hour loop of a margarine commercial disguised as a free karaoke service.

Looks like we have TURN THE TUB AROUND from 8pm till 10pm and from 10pm till midnight giving the jay leno show a run for its money is TURN THE TUB AROUND. My Favorite time of night from midnight till 2am is TURN THE TUB AROUND ON. When I am wake up at 5am till 8 am is the great morning show of TURN THE TUB AROUND.

This is so F'n funny. I'm really laughing my A off. Not that I will stay on the channel to karoke w/it much longer. I just don't think Megan Mullally is that hot and I sure don't want the coupon.

I'm surprised that it wasn't put in the VOD section....Or pre-recorded in my DVR like the Christmas commercial?

"Turn the Tub Around" would have been a hit if it was in HD and Dolby Surround Sound! :)

Too Bad :(

I happened to scan this in last night on the FTA receiver (they didnt encrypt it) and I thought the same thing

what in the heck is this??

Money buys!! Goes to prove two things. First Dish will sell to any ones ideas for money. Second is that who ever is at I Can't Believe It Is Not Butter that come up with the idea has to be plum stupid!!!

Hey you're talking about it.

They've put their brand in your brain and you will be more apt to buy it in the future.

You may protest, but you will not forget.

These people DO know what they're doing.

Yes, and this same campaign is a part of TiVo's Showcase--the name for the area where advertising is "showcased." However, on TiVo we are treated to the "behind the scenes" of this "music video" where the actress tells us how difficult it was to get all the dancing and singing synchronized and her eye on the buff young male dancer while the company rep holds a tub of the product and says, ". . . I'ts a healthier choice for you family." Whoo Hoo! I'm sorry, I admit that I did watch this junk because I found the campaign so awfully bad that I was compelled to find more to laugh about it.

Please! Do a search on your Dish DVR for "Teleworld Paid Programming." This is TiVo's feed--open to all--of their Showcase advertising videos--and record it. Yes, the "Turn the Tub Around" is funny, in a bad way, but you MUST see the Best Buy videos with the extremely knowledgeable Best Buy sales kids who are articulate technical experts solving tech problems in victims homes while mom and dad look like they've had lobotomies, in awe of the technical knowledge of the Best Buy sales people! I was LOL. They are like the old Shell Answer Man gone geeky. A total clash with the real experience at Best Buy where the chain-smoking sales children seem to have as much technical knowledge and the same behavior as a zombie. Oh, and there is a really horrific and LOL STUPID long format commercial for Mattel's new dinosaur growling toy that they show many scenarios to use the beast to scare the crap out of people. It really was beyond silly. It really is funny. I mean it. Record the thing. It is funnier than some TV comedies. :) ION East, ION West, and Discovery air it, along with your local ION OTA.

Last edited:
I just found it sad that my receiver wanted to use my phone line instead of my internet connection to get the coupon. For some reason it always fails to dial through with my Comcast phone service. My caller ID works great though and the receiver always says that it last checked in on the current date. Isn't it about time that these things join this century where many people don't even have home phone service? This 722k receiver uses MPEG4 AVC for video, has a 500GB hard drive and still uses interfaces that look like they are over a decade old for many of its useful features such as account management. Does the 922 rely so heavily on the phone line?

I just found it sad that my receiver wanted to use my phone line instead of my internet connection to get the coupon. For some reason it always fails to dial through with my Comcast phone service. My caller ID works great though and the receiver always says that it last checked in on the current date. Isn't it about time that these things join this century where many people don't even have home phone service? This 722k receiver uses MPEG4 AVC for video, has a 500GB hard drive and still uses interfaces that look like they are over a decade old for many of its useful features such as account management. Does the 922 rely so heavily on the phone line?

I agree. Apparently there are a number of features that use the phone line exclusively. I'm not sure if there is a technical reason for this, but TiVo seems to accomplish what you wanted to do using only Ethernet/internet. Even though these things are ads, it would be worth it to get the coupon as every dollar saved at the supermarket counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts