Work around for activating side 2 viewing.

legatebroke

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
If you really want to use the side 2 function of a 922, there is a way, but alittle bit of a pain. Hook the 922 up to the side 2 home distribuion port just like any other duo tuner, and go into the setup and set the modulator to the channel you want side 2 tv to receive its signal (air 60 or cable 73). At this point it is in shared view mode mirroring the same picture as side 1. Now activate the slingbox on a computer or iphone/itouch. The side 2 modulator will now show what is being broadcast to the slingplayer. You are going to need another 32.0 remote sync it and flip the bottom tab from side 1 to side 2. As long as the sling is active then you can use the 32.0 side 2 remote just as a 722 would work. Not the easiest way but if you need side 2 to be a seperate picture in a pintch. If you cannot get your hands on another 32.0 remote, use the remote on what ever slingplayer app you are running to navigate and change channels.

That is how I am doing it works great. I also run the sling app with the background app (you have to have jailbroke phone) on the iphone this way you can put your iphone to sleep and it will not run the battery down. As long as my phone is in my house now tv2 is active all of the time. I am using a 21 remote in IR mode for tv 1 and the 32 remote is set for tv2. The really cool part is when you turn off sling on the iphone the tv2 will switch back to tv1 mirror and the tv2 remote will switch automatically and function as tv1 remote.

Hmmm... I currently have a 722 and use the Home Distribution port to send the signal to a simple distributor that feeds the SD signal to 4 other TV's in the house via modulation on Cable 73. This way the kids can watch a different live or recorded program than the one that we're watching on the main HD TV. When I called to place the 922 order, the CSR said (and confirmed) that there was no way to do this with the 922. I don't completely understand what you're doing with the second remote. Will it allow me to do what I'm doing now? Permanently? Otherwise the 922 is useless to me (and probably many others).

I have no clue why they disabled TV2 since that is one of the best things about the 722k.

Sling is fine for remote viewing, but to be honest, I could care less to use it in the house when I have perfectly fine tvs in it.

I have no clue why they disabled TV2 since that is one of the best things about the 722k.

Sling is fine for remote viewing, but to be honest, I could care less to use it in the house when I have perfectly fine tvs in it.

The whole point of slinging to another TV in the house via the sling receiver 300 is so that you can get Hi Def to another TV in your house.

Exactly. Which is useless to most of us who have a main HD TV and several non-HD TV's. Back to the topic, is the original poster proposing a long term usable solution to emulate the 722's home distribution feature?

Exactly. Which is useless to most of us who have a main HD TV and several non-HD TV's. Back to the topic, is the original poster proposing a long term usable solution to emulate the 722's home distribution feature?

Than it will receive the signal and output it as SD. Whats the problem? It's better to have this option than no HD option for TV2.

yes when you have a sling stream running then the 922 works just like a 722 home distribution output. When you stop the stream the 922 reverts back to single mode and tv2 mirrors what tv1 is watching and the tv2 remote automaticly switches and works as another tv1 remote

If I were to purpose anything as a permanent solution to Dishnetwork, make a menu option for remote view priority or allow 2 room setup. I hope this is what they have planned for future upgrade, find out more after Team Summit.

When they install Vip922, are they supposed to give you 2 remotes or just one?
I only got 1 remote (installed few days ago). Should I complain, or just buy the other remote somewhere (where?)? I want to get rid of 2nd box and just use the TV1 mirror over coax TV output for room 2...

When they install Vip922, are they supposed to give you 2 remotes or just one?
I only got 1 remote (installed few days ago). Should I complain, or just buy the other remote somewhere (where?)? I want to get rid of 2nd box and just use the TV1 mirror over coax TV output for room 2...

You will only receive one 32.0 remote. If you can find another 32.0 remote flip key tab to #2, or use a 6.4 ir remote for side one.

Why can't Dish develop the Home Distribution port to put out HD, SD, or whatever without the Sling involved? Is it something that is too technical or expensive to have that capability? I use my Sling for what it was designed for, viewing my DVR/TV on a computer thru the Internet no matter where I am located. I think that it is nice to have a Sling built in the 922, but keep it separate from your home distribution or at least have a choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts