YES Network, maybe now?

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
At the risk of sounding tacky in the first degree, now that George Stienbrenner has passed on (may he truly rest in peace), does anyone think YES may finally come to Dish Network?

I always thought George & Charlie hated each other and that's why I pose this question. George always loved $$$ coming in. Charlie on the other hand, hates $$$ going out. Here we have 100% opposites! Without Boss George around, can the 2 sides now come to terms?

All I know is Dish would add at least a million new subscribers in the NYC area. Add HD and WWOR in HD (some Yankee games are there) and I would say double that.

I doubt it, too. Dish Network wants a deal where they don't have to put YES in AT120, while it is pretty much a standard channel in a basic package on all competitors' systems.

I don't think Dish values offering the channel much. No doubt some there are saying we're doing just fine without them, why spend the money?

Maybe after the future ownership question is settled, but I just don't see it.

Dish has already lost all the NY subs who care about the Yankees. Not sure that paying for it now would gain that much.

I don't think Dish values offering the channel much. No doubt some there are saying we're doing just fine without them, why spend the money?

Maybe after the future ownership question is settled, but I just don't see it.
they just added a bunch of locals in upstate NY..I think they could make a killing with yes

Charlie is the guy that won't negotiate for the MLB channel or bring Extra Innings to Dish. Why would he negotiate for the YES Network?

Charlie is the guy that won't negotiate for the MLB channel or bring Extra Innings to Dish. Why would he negotiate for the YES Network?
I think it's time Charlie thought about selling Dish and getting some new blood into this company.

I think Charlie's doing just fine, thank you.

He has a reputation for this and If I were a fly on the wall, I'd bet the other providers appreciate him taking the arrows for these type of things, maybe the others should step up to the plate an grow some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)