Is there a difference between these sw-21 switches?

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
Im looking to purchase a sw-21 switch for my DN set-up.A dishnetwork sw-21 runs around $20 but other manfacture sw-21 switches can run low as $5.Are these basically the same switch diagrams but just different manufactures or is a dishnetwork sw-21 not the same others?

These multi-dish switches have been produced/marketed by many manufacturers and they all do the same job. For as many people who tell you the so-called knock-offs are junk, there is just as many who will tell you the DN SW-21 brand is also crap.
I could see the cheapers ones maybe not lasting as long in damp/cold environments etc or having poorer quality solder joints and connections inside but as far as I'm concerned if an exposed outdoor connection is weather wrapped and protected they should all be just fine. If the cheap one dies early on you, just get another one.

I know my generic (Microroyal I think) brand name SW21 lasted 2 years outside without a hickup before I stopped using that dish anyway.

Last edited:
Can anyone suggest where is the best place to buy this type of dish equipment? I know theres many stores I can google but is there like a specific one people here in the forum buy from?
Now what would be nice is if someone here in the forum sold these items plus offered online help if needed.Just wondering if such a person existed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)