Working on the System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I notice is that "Forum" is in yellow for some reason.

Only thing I notice is that "Forum" is in yellow for some reason.

Its using the default vBulletin navigation system now. The old system was incompatable with the security update. The reason Forums is in yellow is because its showing that it is selected for the menu tree shown below it.

For example I could have no posts show options on the next line and get rid of the rest of the options, but I felt that would be too confusing, so I tried emulating what the old non comatable software use to do. There is no way for me to change the yellow on the Forums as if I do the rest of the options listed wont turn yellow when you point to them.

?As I said got to love security updates. :D

If your seeing the garbled navigation bar, press and hold the control key down while clicking refresh. :)

I'm still seeing the glitches that I posted in post# 10 and 11.

?I logged out, closed my browser, and logged back in.

Six hours since last post, and I'm seeing same (if different) problem all day.
Nav bar looks fine.
Nothing in yellow.
The line below the (relatively useless ) nav bar, which reads:
FORUM . Satelliteguys Hometown Discussions . Satelliteguys Operations Center . Working on the System
doesn't link to the indicated forum areas!
I use it all the time.
This is on both my default iPhone, and Kindle Fire HD browsers.
So there is really no control key to hold while clicking.... ;)
?.
Edit: changed from Sat guys Blue to Sat guys default, and my problem resolved. :up

I had to go back to the default style. SatellieGuys Black is still causing me all kinds of problems that I noted above (except for the drop down taking up the entire screen).

On an unrelated note, when will my notification go away that my pub membership is about to expire? I renewed 2 days ago.

Thats another vBulletin bug...

It considers a 1 year membership one membership and a 2 year membership a separate membership. So if one is expiring and you renewed using the other it will still tell you that your first membership is expiring.

But the good news is I can fix this one for you. :D

I am busy working on things again trying to fix the alternate styles (the red, green blue and black styles.)

I still have no heard back from vBulletiin yet so I am going to have to go digging myself.

I should note that I tried reinstalling the styles fresh with no parent style and the same issues are happening.

If my work I am doing messes up the styles more then they are now I am going to TEMPORARILY disable all the styles except for the main SatelliteGuys style. So this way you can still use the site as I work.

?Thanks for your patience!

Can we get the all new posts,with one click back?I have to click twice now,and that is simply too much work!:D

Just a small thing that I noticed on my work computer - the "Remember Me" text is white and is overtop of the banner if you aren't logged in. I attached a screenshot, kind of hard to see since the banner background is white, but you can kind of see it.

Not a huge deal but can be confusing/annoying to some. :)

Attachments

• sat remember me.PNG
    sat remember me.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 101
Well didn't get much done today like I wanted to... my bosses computer died.. thought it was the power supply, but ended up being the motherboard. He sent me out to get him a new PC and then once back I had to load it up so he could get back to work. Keeping the boss happy is very important in this economy. :)

I am going to "try" working on it tonight and when I can over the weekend.

Until then if your having issues with the different color SatelliteGuys themes then please switch to the SatelliteGuys Default for the time being.

I WILL get the others fixed as soon as I can.

Thanks for your support! :)

I guess you must still be working on things, I can't post in FTA anywhere, can't download a manual I need to see in the Receiver manual download section.......c-band is conked out on me on football day! Things need adjusting somewhere and I am stumped .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts