World Baseball Classic

Status
Please reply by conversation.
World Baseball Classic Television Schedule (check local listings for verification). All times Eastern:

March 10, 2:00am (tape), Deportes & 3:00am (tape), ESPN in Phoenix
Mexico vs. Canada
March 10, 1:00pm (live), Deportes in San Juan
Netherlands vs. Panama
March 10, 11:00pm (tape), Deportes in Orlando
Australia vs. Dominican Republic
March 10, 7:30pm (live), Deportes & March 11, 2:00am (tape), ESPN2 in San Juan
Puerto Rico vs. Cuba
March 11, 3:00am (tape), Deportes & ESPN in Phoenix
U.S.A. vs. South Africa
March 12, 1:00pm (live), Deportes & 2:00am (tape), ESPN2 in San Juan
Pool C Runner-up vs. Pool D Runner-up
March 12, 4:00pm (live), Deportes in Anaheim
Pool A Runner-up vs. Pool B Runner-up
March 12, 8:00pm (live), Deportes & ESPN2 in San Juan
Pool C Winner vs. Pool D Winner
March 12, 11:00pm (live), Deportes & ESPN2 in Anaheim
Pool B Winner vs. Pool A Winner
March 13, 2:00pm (live), Deportes & ESPN in San Juan
Pool D Winner vs. Pool C Runner-up
March 13, 8:00pm (live), Deportes & ESPN in San Juan
Pool D Runner-up vs. Pool C Winner
March 13, 10:00pm (live), Deportes & March 14, 2:00am (tape), ESPN2 in Anaheim
Pool B Runner-up vs. Pool A Winner
March 14, 7:00pm (live), Deportes & March 15, 1:30am (tape), ESPN2 in Anaheim
Pool A Runner-up vs. Pool B Winner
March 14, 7:00pm (live), Deportes & 10:30pm (tape), ESPN2 in San Juan
Pool D Runner-up vs. Pool D Winner
March 15, 7:00pm (live), Deportes in San Juan
Pool C Runner-up vs. Pool C Winner
March 15, 10:00pm (live), Deportes & March 16, 1:00am (tape), ESPN2 in Anaheim
Pool A winner vs. Pool A Runner-up
March 16, 7:30pm (live), Deportes & ESPN in Anaheim
Pool B Runner-up vs. Pool B Winner
March 18, 3:00pm (live), Deportes & ESPN in San Diego
Semifinal #1
March 18, 10:00pm (live), Deportes & ESPN in San Diego
Semifinal #2
March 20, 9:00pm (live), Deportes & ESPN in San Diego
Championship

I'm assuming it's on Para Todos (since it doesn't show up anywhere in the 400s in my guide)...it's one of the hispanic channels one needs a dish pointed at a different place in the sky to get.

Kind of disappointing to us baseball fans.

i have dish my cousin has sirect tv i have seen every game on espn 2 live even the non usa games direct tv should have espn alturnative for blackouts u can get all the games there to

Directv has MLB home plate from XM channel 878. most of the time when a game is being played this channel will keep you updated live with the game and sometimes even switch over to the game for a couple of endings. I have been listening to it all week.

medicalwaste said:
how can Disn ppl watch WBC live on espn2 and we have to wait till 10 pm ?? this sucks..

Can't be; ESPN does its own production and DirecTV can't edit that. Send channel numbers and times of your example because I watched them just fine. At a certain time, not sure what it was, the WBC was moved onto ESPN alternate (by ESPN) because of event sched conflicts.

Last edited:
charper1, you make better sense than my relative who called me up last night and told me he was watching Korea vs Japan WBC LIVE. i checked my D* schedule and it said it was on at 10 pm (pacific.) i don't know exactly what channel he was watching but he said, " espn and it's 5th inning" what the heck?? we both live in los angeles. i will ask him the channel number next time.

what sucks more is, at 10 pm, baseball didn't even show. they were showing tennis instead, with information that says WBC K vs J.

"yeah its channel145 espna espn altenative last night we watched the game live"

i asked same thing on dish forum, and someone just put that.

charter1, i did not see any baseball game last night, at least from 10 pm to 11 pm ish.. i went to bed after that. but they were supposed to be on at 10 pm.

yesterday's game was at 7 pm in anaheim. charper1, did you watch it live??

[[ I noticed the same too. DISH Network showed the games in LIVE syndication, whereas DirecTV had the games tape-delayed. If I knew this earlier, I'd have pushed for a big marketing campaign for the ethnic customers wishing to watch WBC live.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldc...ory?id=2351696

Yep, advantage goes to DISH! ]]

summitadvantage from dish forum gave me this link that shows a table. i guess directtv was one of the few who were left out.

404 - FILE NOT FOUND on that link.

So explain how it is that Dish and/or DirecTV can control what and when ESPN shows thier programming? Other than ESPN Deportes, because DirecTV does not carry them in the CONUS lineup.

So what was it I was watching at the same time on the ALT I wonder? Maybe if I kept up with baseball I would know.

The ESPN WBC games were sold for local syndication. The ESPN2 Japan/Korea game last night was live on my local channel 33. I'd wager that the ESPN2 alternate feeds the Dish Network people were watching was/should have been blacked out for a whole lot of people.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)