World Cup 2006 LIVE!

I posted the following complaint to ESPN at http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

First of all, many thanks to ESPN/ABC for bringing all 64 games of 2006 World Cup live and in HD!

Now, here is my big concern, I am sure I am speaking for all soccer fans.
Due to time difference most of us have to tape (DVR) some of the games and watch them at later time. Unfortunately, ESPN's score ticker always reveals the scores of previous games. This spoils everything! Please remove that ticker or at least not show results of the games played earlier same day or in parallel! We beg you!

1) The Saudi Arabia vs. Tunisia game yesterday was GREAT! The ending when all the saudi's were screaming to allah was good. When they went up 2-1 and were all pointing to the sky, only to have it ripped away shortly, is classic...Plus I saw a pretty hot chick waving a saudi flag, what's up with that...Stockholm syndrome much??

2) Honestly, the lack of HD is worth it in regards to univision. If they took my univision away, i don't know what i would do...

3) I wish they'd get rid of the ticket all together. Isn't that why they made ESPNews a seperate channel? If you want the scores, go over there. One day I hope we'll be able to press a button and make a scroll appear/disappear on our tv's. Let's say i'm watching South Park, I press a button and the espn scroll appears on the bottom. When I get my score updates, i press the button and it disappears into the background again. Doesn't get recorded, kind of like the information boxes and stuff. It's there in the background and I can access it any time I want.

Same thing with CNN or Fox if you prefer. I can set it to pop up a scroll when breaking news happens. Doesn't record it, but alerts me when something big is going on so I can pop over there and check on it if I want. This technology HAS to be close based on what we've got now...

Er, what? Oh yeah, FOOTY RULES!!!

Anyone who's not watching the England vs. Trinidad & Tobago match is missing a good one. An unbelievable miss by england (Wide open, mishit the ball...) followed up by an enormously amazing save by england to end the first half...

Peter Crouch missed the shot. Then about 4 minutes later just before the half trinidad hit a header into the net, and as it's going in John Terry did a diving bicycle kick to kick it out just before it crossed the plane. AMAZING thing to see, it will make highlights so be sure to check it out.

I have just finished watching the first two today's games, in time for the US-Italy game, which I will be watching live.
The win by Ghana over Chech Republic does give some breathing room.
It's not going to be easy today, but it's doable! Go USA!!!

Looks like there is a problem with one of the microphones...

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!
Italy scored first. US responded. 1:1
Italy is now down to 10 players!

Very interesting first half!

Could The Officiating Been Any Worse?

Although, I didn't expect them to win, I think that Uruguayan referee bent the US over without Vaseline. I've never seen such a poorly officiated game in my life. Most of those yellow cards were totally ridiculous. The red card against Pablo Mastroeni was obviously a make-up call, and Eddie Pope never should have been given two yellow cards (automatic red card). There were silly yellow cards against both teams, but the two red cards against the US were totally unwarranted in my opinion.

riffjim4069 said:
No! The officiating could not have been any worse....it was the worse I've seen.

That means you did not see a lot:) Oh, I remember much more worse then this one. But i take this draw. Now I just have not much trust in Italy. But let's hope:)

The referee was not right of course, but frankly, Pope was asking for it. After getting the first yellow card he continued committing fouls. It was just a matter of time, IMO.

Well, the good news is that in spite of the last place in the group, US team still controls their own destiny...

Yeah great, they suck...When's the last time you saw a professional team give such poor effort and look like they were zombies? I hope they win and then don't make the 2nd round, just to create some drama in an otherwise uneventful situation. Do we really need to see them destroyed next round? If you don't want to play, take your ass home...

England versus Sweden was a very good match yesterday. I just hope the US can get their act together and smoke Ganja (aka Ghana) tomorrow morning. I sure hope they don't play Pope...he was beaten more often in the match with Italy than a proverbial red-headed step-child. It's a good thing he got red carded IMO.

Bye Bye United States. Thanks for coming. Thanks for sucking. Thanks for skipping basic drills so you could lob to each other and not miss by 15 yards... I'm glad ESPN is ripping Arenas a new one after the loss, that baba booey clone drives me nuts. Terrible effort, Terrible team. Go back home and let the real teams play.

This has to rank right up there with the embarrassing performance of '98. One offensive goal in three games? That shows you what can happen when you place all your hopes on a guy (Landon Donovan) who couldn't cut it in one of the better leagues in world soccer. Looks like that #5 position in the world rankings really was paper thin.

brainiac said:
This has to rank right up there with the embarrassing performance of '98. One offensive goal in three games? That shows you what can happen when you place all your hopes on a guy (Landon Donovan) who couldn't cut it in one of the better leagues in world soccer. Looks like that #5 position in the world rankings really was paper thin.
Actually the goal was scored by Italy. :D
ITALIA; ITAIA; ITALIA