World Cup on Dish

FusballWife

Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi,

I have a question and I am hoping someone here can help.

My husband was at his brothers house (he has Direct TV) and they were watching the world cup and they were able to switch the broadcast language to German.
My husband came home and wanted to do this on our TV with Dish Network.
We have tried looking online and called tech support where they had us go into the menu and switch to German but nothing worked.
All they had to do on the Direct TV was hit audio on the remote.

I believe Dish does not do this, only DirecTV.

On Dish Network, it is MENU-8-3

Of course, on both Dish and DirecTV, this only works if you subscribe to the German Channels.

On Dish, most customers can get the World Cup in English Language on ESPN and/or ABC and Spanish on Univision, all in HD (the German channels are not in HD).

Thanks for the reply. We do have all the German channels and that is the reason we do not have Direct TV as they do not have a German Language package.
However those are always broadcast in German and those channels are not showing the world cup.

We tried the menu 3, 8 thing and it did not work. ESPN is offering the broadcasts in several different languages for the first time. I guess Dish does not offer this feature.

I appreciate the reponses.

Ken, This is what she is talking about -

from BigSoccer.com

Well, we all know that in the USA, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 will be carrying the games in English and Univision will be carrying the games in Spanish.

Some of you know that ESPN Deportes will be carrying the games in Portuguese.

Well, as it turns out, other languages are available. Right now, on DirecTV channel 210-1, I'm watching the ESPN HD video of Serbia-Ghana with German commentary from Sky Deutschland. The languages available on this channel, with the source of their commentary, are:
Arabic (Al Jazeera)
German (Sky Deutschland)
Japanese (Sky PerfecTV!)
Portuguese (ESPN Deportes)
Korean (SBS International)

Just switch the audio track to whichever one you want. It doesn't appear that they're doing it for the few games carried on ABC, but it looks like they're doing it for all the ESPN/ESPN2 games and if you've got the HD setup from DirecTV and you prefer to watch the games in one of those languages, you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts