World Direct Dish HD Capable?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jdk036

Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Arizona
I just moved into a new house a couple months ago. The previous owners left a DirecTV World Direct Dish when they moved out. My father in law is a DirecTV subscriber and has a D10 Receiver that he uses in his RV. He has graciously let us use this receiver at our house while he is not using it in his RV (he very rarely uses his RV).

I am able to get all the channels he subscribes to perfectly, the only thing is that they are in SD. I have a high definition TV and would love to be able to get channels in HD. I was thinking of picking up an HR10-250 off of ebay to be able to receive HD channels.

My question is, will the World Direct Dish that I have be able to pull in the HD channels from DirecTV, and how do I go about switching the receivers out? Am I able to just take the access card out of one receiver and put in the other, or does each card go with it's respective receiver?

Any insight would be great.

Thanks.

I just moved into a new house a couple months ago. The previous owners left a DirecTV World Direct Dish when they moved out. My father in law is a DirecTV subscriber and has a D10 Receiver that he uses in his RV. He has graciously let us use this receiver at our house while he is not using it in his RV (he very rarely uses his RV).

I am able to get all the channels he subscribes to perfectly, the only thing is that they are in SD. I have a high definition TV and would love to be able to get channels in HD. I was thinking of picking up an HR10-250 off of ebay to be able to receive HD channels.

My question is, will the World Direct Dish that I have be able to pull in the HD channels from DirecTV, and how do I go about switching the receivers out? Am I able to just take the access card out of one receiver and put in the other, or does each card go with it's respective receiver?

Any insight would be great.

Thanks.

First, don't bother with the HR10-250, it won't pick up the new sats.
You dish needs to see the 99, 101 and 103 sats to get HD and regular programming.
I don't know what model this dish is you've mentioned.

Does HE get HD on his recvrs, the D10 is a SD only recvr.

All access cards are married to the recvr, if you get a new recvr, it will come with one.

edit:
Looks like the World Dish gets the 95 and 101 sats.
95 for the international and 101 for the core programming.

You'll need to upgrade your recvrs and dish to get the HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RV Setup with SWM receiver ???

New install: Installer did not bond 2 ground rods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts