World of Warcraft

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
Anyone here play wow? Ive been an addict for about 3 years now maybe a tad less, but it seems to be getting more and more user friendly, with the latest expansion its possible to experience alot of the end game content without being an elitest. Any one elsE?

Played it a number of years ago. It was fun at first, but once it became a big grindfest and I was unable to progress levels easily or complete quests I lost interest and canceled my subscription.

Played it for two years but got tired of the kids in the guilds and all the bot farmers, final straw was all the jokes players were making about the mother of baby grace who met her husband on wow and later killed Grace so I left and went back to free games for a while and then jumped back into Everquest 2 only to be surprised at the extensive reworking of the game and balancing of the various character types and the addition of a ton of new content.

True but when it comes to paying a monthly fee I would expect to find less of it than in say silk road for example which is so bad that the server load is %80 bot farmers. I dont see very many bot farmers in eq2 and there are kids here but they tend to be more mature and the less mature kids and adults are more obvious. Of the guilds that I've been in there hasnt been a problem with the kids though there was one adult player that lost it and pulled a Leroy in a bad way.

I've Played WoW for at least 3 years.
I've made it to Grand Marshal (in the old days when you had to be #1 rank in order to get it every week) with my paladin: Named Susanomator
And then I made it to Marshal with my shadow Priest: Thelastride/ aka Danguss.
In the Kel'Thuzad server (alliance side).
I use to be part of Pacifist and High Caliber and raided end contents in the WoW / WoW:BC days.
We actually the first guild to clear SSC/the EYE, and also cleared Hyjal, we disbanded 3 bossies before Illadin due to people stopping and quitting everywhere.

I sold both of my characters on ebay for a grand total of 1800$.

You got lucky to get that kind of money, I see max level characters with alot of great gear for sale all the time on craigslist and other sites for around $200 or less and just saw three maxed out toons on craigs well geared combined for $300 for the group.

Takes far less effort to get a max level character now than it did before.

With refer a friend (300% exp), you can have a new max level character over the weekend, and there are few/no time-consuming achievements like Grand Marshall anymore. The difficulty level isnt spread out right now either, all content is pugged regularly.

To compare it to how it was back in the day... it would be the same as there being no PVP titles/ranking system, and if Molten Core had 2-3 dozen pugs successfully run it every day on every single server. Naxxramas is all there is right now, and pugs run it fine with a little gear and organization in both 10 and 25 man forms so the best gear in the game is fairly trivial to get as long as you can get into the groups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)