World's fastest blind scan receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kymics

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Stumbled upon this link recently. I know this is other market equipment, but perhaps a sign of things to come?

"The fastest Blind Scan FTA receiver worldwide, e.g. will blind scan any Ku-band satellite over NZ within 70 seconds or less"

Note: this is not from a company site, so the claim is not confirmed as being true.

I guess any receiver could be sped up if there was no requirement to pick up everything. Hyundai has quite a name in FTA, so I don't think they'd pull that kind of trick and still call it "Blind Scan".

mastermesh said:
but... do those quick and speedy scans actually pick up everything?

I've had boxes that supposedly have a fast blindscan but it didnt pick up anything. No not the TP's that were int he box already. Like nothing :eek:

I know the original Buzz box had that issue. It would only get the ultra super strong TP's (like 12114 on G10)

Alot of boxes "claim" blind scan but don't. Captiveworks is one, original Viewsat is another

Iceberg said:
I've had boxes that supposedly have a fast blindscan but it didnt pick up anything. No not the TP's that were int he box already. Like nothing :eek:

We have tested a prototype that did incredible flawless 11.7 - 12.2 scans in less than 30 seconds as well as identifying any switch settings. But did it do anything else right? LOL!!!!:confused:

lets see...boxes that either claim blindscan (and dont) or boxes that dont blind scan period (from boxes I have used)

Captiveworks CW600 (claimed)
NeoSat i1000 (claimed)
Viacast 2000 (no option)
KUsat 2600/Digiwave 6800/7000 (no option)
Microyal 900/1000 (no option)
Viewsat VS2000 (original...claimed)..the Extreme does have blind scan
Samsung 4700...the oddball. It does allow you to scan by entering a symbol rate so if you want all feeds with s/r 3978 (news feeds) it will find those but no others. Doesn't claim a true blind scan.

Excellent info. I almost purchased a CaptiveWorks early on, until I was warned about the blind scan issue by an Iceberg post or review.

That sort of info would make an excellent sticky. It's good basic info for newbies looking to purchase their first boxes.

Iceberg said:
lets see...boxes that either claim blindscan (and dont) or boxes that dont blind scan period (from boxes I have used)

Captiveworks CW600 (claimed)
NeoSat i1000 (claimed)
Viacast 2000 (no option)
KUsat 2600/Digiwave 6800/7000 (no option)
Microyal 900/1000 (no option)
Viewsat VS2000 (original...claimed)..the Extreme does have blind scan
Samsung 4700...the oddball. It does allow you to scan by entering a symbol rate so if you want all feeds with s/r 3978 (news feeds) it will find those but no others. Doesn't claim a true blind scan.

dreambox 500, 7000, 7020, nor 7025 have blindscan, but also dont claim to either.

Want to find signals fast? Get yourself a good spectrum analyzer. It's the best and fastest "blind scan" you can get. Just turn it on and setup your LNB settings (like LO and such) and you'll actually be able to see all the signals present. Some of them will even find the symbol rate and attempt to lock the signals and will even display the NIT information once locked. If you want to find feeds fast, It's the best way to go. It's not the cheapest however, but it's definitely the fastest and easiest.

A list of those that don't, whether they promise or not, is what I was thinking of. Most of the members of this site, looking to buy an FTA receiver, would want that feature. (Pirates don't care, of course. They're not looking for feeds.)

so true Gary

sadly, I have owned every box that I listed :(
I do have a few that do blind scan which is nice :D

and to think, the first box I bought was the Viacast 2000. Nice machine (yeah sure)
-10 TP entries (NOT satellite, transponders)
-no blind scan
-no channel editing
-scanned both scrambled & fta in
-no motor
-pain in the butt to program (took me 3 weeks to figure out how to type in the frequency info)

Last edited:
how do you set up all frequencies for a coolsat 5000 and a 48 in dish and a hh120 motor and a invacom qph31 lnbf thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)