Austin Croshere
Kwame Brown
Mike Mamula
Scott Mitchell
Herschell Walker
Todd Van Poppal
Jeff Kent
Jason Giambi

Well I disagree about Giambi. But if you want bad Yankee contracts, see Carl Pavano, Kevin Brown, and Randy Johnson (OK that was a trade).

Sandra
yeah Kevin Brown..He got over 110 mil and use of a private jet to fly home after starts with a day away from the ballpark after every start..the guy was a total POS..

I was rereading the criteria for the thread and came up with

Brian Bozworth
Tony Mandarich
Todd Marinovich
David Terrell (Thank god the pats took Seymour instead of the public outcry for the WR.)
Rick Mirer
Joey Harrington

During the early days of free agency there was a second baseman named Rennie Stennett that was awarded a million dollar plus contract with the Giants and in two seasons and 158 games proceeded to hit .240. This after having a pretty good career with a lifetime .280 avg. Not ever mistaken as a slick fielder, Stennnett kicked the ball around at SS making 15 errors in about 100 games.

Rennie Stennett, when he was on the Pirates, went 7-for-7 in a game where they beat the Cubs 22-0 at Wrigley Field. I think that is the only time a player has had 7 hits in a nine inning game, and is the biggest shutout victory ever in MLB.

I sure would love to see a video of that game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts