Worst SD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know huh, I posted that whole letter like a year ago. I would think a "digital" signal would be to TV what line art is vs a pixel image. I uderstand it is in fact pixel based, but it looks much better in a movie theatre than on my own lil screen.

Where do I begin? WGN, TBS, SciFi, Food, HGTV, etc... It's their fault, too, since they look equally bad on D*, E*, or cable.

newsposter said:
has no one ever watched E! . PQ is as bad as a VCR on EP

I was an E* customer since September 1997. This last week I switched to D* and I've really been enjoying it a lot.

The networks look slightly more detailed/sharper than they were on E*, what is not as good though are the local channels. Makes me think they simply stuck up a pair of rabbit ears to pull in the signal as the quality is no better than my neighbors local channels on basic cable.

So far that's the only detraction. As to switching, E* just didn't have the promotions to keep me there. I've had a dishplayer for years, but after it died, they wanted to charge me a chunk o change and also charge a lease fee, that's in addition to the DVR fee. Since total choice is priced similar to E* top 120, I made the switch, got the free DVR and don't pay a lease fee in addition to the DVR fee. E* still called me twice to try and come back and each "desperation" offer still was not good enough. It would be nice if both companies would look at addressing the churn between each company by providing significantly better incentives to stay. The likely hood that I would have been a E* for almost another 10 years would have been high if they'd simply offered the new DVR for a modist fee (around $75.00) and didn't charge the lease fee on top of the DVR fee.

SD PQ issue was long over after both satellite companies introduce the LIL evil doers. I woundn't decide my next provider based on SD channels. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)