Worst times EVER to be a fan of your favorite team?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HD MM lived through the Indians' pre-Hargrove days when they lost a lot, as well as the pre-LeBron Cavs.

Those losing seasons were tough, but not nearly as bad as being a Browns fan in 1995. After the '95 season, the team moved to Baltiwhore and Cleveland was without an NFL team for 3 years. Now that was heartbreaking and most definitely the "worst of times"....

You had to know this was coming - -

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!
I'd like to add this season's Detroit Tigers. On of the most disappointing teams of my life.

Cincinnati Bengals of 1991-94 (14-50) and 1998-2002 (19-61). Two of the worst stretches of ineptitude anyone has ever seen.

The Reds have had seven straight losing seasons (going on eight). Even the Bengals have never done that!

Kentucky football lost 12 straight from 1994-95.

The years AFTER the Super Bowl a$$ whipping my Raiders took. It has not been very pretty. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, but GOD I hope that is NOT a train heading our way......:( 19-62 since they showed up, if you could call it that...in the Super Bowl.:(

Those losing seasons were tough, but not nearly as bad as being a Browns fan in 1995. After the '95 season, the team moved to Baltiwhore and Cleveland was without an NFL team for 3 years. Now that was heartbreaking and most definitely the "worst of times"....

I couldn't agree more. That was as depressing as it got Sportswise was losing my favorite football team all through high school. Nothing is close that I've lived through.

Despite the 25 year plan when I was little, The Giants in the mid 90s were pretty bad. The moment of complete destruction for me was the game against the Chargers were they blew a sizeable lead and the crowd began to litter the field with snowballs and knocked out the charger's assistant coach.

In the 80s, the Phoenix Suns had a drug scandal that almost made Phoenix lose the franchise. The only professional franchise in Phoenix at the time. However, because of the drug scandal, Jerry Colangelo took over control of the team and turned it around for many years after that.

wikipedia article

The Toronto Maple Leafs of the 1980's (there isn't a level of Hell hot enough for Harold Ballard). This club was inept for over a decade. Oh yeah, the Leafs now.

I've been a fan of the Los Angeles Clippers for the last 16 years, going back to my last year in elementary school. That was at the time that Larry Brown became the head coach. This was also the time that I really started to follow and understand sports more closely...just as a kid growing up, I just watched the games, but never really understood all the nuances.

Anyway, we know all the story of the ineptitude of the Clippers franchise, at least since Donald Sterling bought the team 27 years ago (while still in San Diego). We can all agree that Sterling does deserve blame (he's even admitted so in rare public instances), but I've always believed that Elgin Baylor should get equal or better blame for the team's misfortunes. Baylor has been the general manager for 22 years...only he can keep his job for as long as anyone else with the "resume" of success. However, the team has shown to be more active in player acquisition in the last few years, especially this offseason (all of which I credit to Mike Dunleavy). This summer alone, the Clips have acquired ten new players (either by free agency, trades, or drafting)...arugably the most active offseason in franchise history. I know that losing Elton Brand and (to a lesser extent) Corey Maggette dealt us a big blow, I say that the team recovered pretty well with Baron Davis signing, and followed by the other pieces added (Marcus Camby, Jason Williams, Ricky Davis, Eric Gordon, etc.). I'm not 100% sure how this new team will fare this year, but I think they'll be very interesting to watch.

Losing your two best players is bad for any team, but in the case of Maggette and Brand, they were here for a number of years (Maggette-8, Brand-7) and have only one playoff appearance to show for (thanks mostly to Sam Cassell) in that timeframe. Anybody who has seen Brand and Maggette play know that they're not the most dependable guys...Brand does tend to disappear in crucial moments of the game, and Maggette is the worst guy to have with the ball in his hands in crunch time.

Sorry for the long-winded response, but just offering my two-cents.

Last edited:
Being a Bengals fan in the 90's where they averaged about 3 wins a season.

Being a Bulls fan in the Post-Jordan era up until they drafted Ben Gordon, and being a Niner fan as of late hasn't been much of a joy-ride. Lord knows when the Niners will be good again, and the Bulls need some good leadership in order to reach the next level.

Cincinnati Bengals of 1991-94 (14-50) and 1998-2002 (19-61). Two of the worst stretches of ineptitude anyone has ever seen.

The Reds have had seven straight losing seasons (going on eight). Even the Bengals have never done that!

Kentucky football lost 12 straight from 1994-95.

Jerry Claiborne was 0-10-1 his first year at UK. It wasn't his fault. He inherited a mess of a program. But that was a bad year.

UK basketball had to be Eddie Sutton's last year. The program was under heavy NCAA scrunity and there was a new rumor about the coaches or players everyday. That was one season that couldn't get over quick enough for me. It was UK's last losing season too and only one in the last 80 years.

Jerry Claiborne was 0-10-1 his first year at UK. It wasn't his fault. He inherited a mess of a program. But that was a bad year.

UK basketball had to be Eddie Sutton's last year. The program was under heavy NCAA scrunity and there was a new rumor about the coaches or players everyday. That was one season that couldn't get over quick enough for me. It was UK's last losing season too and only one in the last 80 years.

Yeah, 89 was a bad year for Wildcat fans.

Being a Pirates fan now, going on 16 losing seasons in a row.

Pittsburgh Pirates...Rebuilding since 1992.

Didn't they lose in 1992 in the playoffs?

----Rebuilding since 1979 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)