Worth Bundling with Frontier?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
From a purely monetary perspective, getting Dish from Frontier with phone/internet seems like a good deal. My question is, what are the downsides, if any?

Thanks,
Ted

Without knowing the details, (or maybe even knowing them) No don't. Get Dish with Dish, then you only deal with Dish for any problems. And before someone posts that you still deal with Dish, you don't in every instance when you bundle if it's like it was when bundled with ATT.
Further, it will most likely lower your internet bill, but in most every case if you went with a company like Voicepulse or Vonage you would have better internet phone service with more features for less. (I'm assuming the Frontier service is VOIP not traditional phone)

Without knowing the details, (or maybe even knowing them) No don't. Get Dish with Dish, then you only deal with Dish for any problems. And before someone posts that you still deal with Dish, you don't in every instance when you bundle if it's like it was when bundled with ATT.
Further, it will most likely lower your internet bill, but in most every case if you went with a company like Voicepulse or Vonage you would have better internet phone service with more features for less. (I'm assuming the Frontier service is VOIP not traditional phone)

I don't really care about the voice piece. I just mentioned it as some people might be taking advantage of it. Frontier offers a doubleplay with DISH and Channel Bonded DSL with speeds up to 25/3 Mbps which I was considering.

Ted

Frontier will bundle Dish, VOIP and internet access, but they also will bundle Dish & Internet without phone.

A friend of mine just did this and thought he got a good deal.

Dish bundled program is not very well set up. I can be handy for some but if you ever plan to make any changes to your account you may run into problems. In my area I can bundle with Windstream and the discount is $5/mo. To me it's not a big enough savings to go through the hassle.

ncted said:
From a purely monetary perspective, getting Dish from Frontier with phone/internet seems like a good deal. My question is, what are the downsides, if any?

Thanks,
Ted

Living in Cali? Bout the area of Rio vista? That's where frontier is out here -that I know of-.

I don't really care about the voice piece. I just mentioned it as some people might be taking advantage of it. Frontier offers a doubleplay with DISH and Channel Bonded DSL with speeds up to 25/3 Mbps which I was considering.

Ted
Well they "list" speeds of up to 25/3, but I would ask them what the actual speed will be for you. For example, my Frontier connection was also the up to 25/3 but actual was 3.1/.38. And I pay the same as a person who can get the 25/3.

Well they "list" speeds of up to 25/3, but I would ask them what the actual speed will be for you. For example, my Frontier connection was also the up to 25/3 but actual was 3.1/.38. And I pay the same as a person who can get the 25/3.

Yeah, I am going to check. I am afraid I won't know for sure until it is installed since there has never been a phone line at my house.

-Ted

Yeah, I am going to check. I am afraid I won't know for sure until it is installed since there has never been a phone line at my house.

-Ted
Maybe see if someone nearby has Frontier and ask what speed they are getting. I didn't know until the tech was in the house and he told me that my distance from the hub or whatever he called it would only yield a 3 to 3.2 download and I usually get 3.1 down.

Maybe see if someone nearby has Frontier and ask what speed they are getting. I didn't know until the tech was in the house and he told me that my distance from the hub or whatever he called it would only yield a 3 to 3.2 download and I usually get 3.1 down.

Well, Frontier still insists I cannot get DSL to my house, so screw them. I will just stick with Road Runner for now. Thanks for all the replies.

i got sucked in for the bundle deal, saved $25.00 a month. just remember it only lasts for 12 mos. after 12 mos the savings here it is $3.00 a mo. savings. i went to Dish from direct and was sorry i did. now after 12 mo with dish i am back with direct and happy about it.

Be careful, I was a frontier customer my contract ended so I signed up for the new bundle under the agreement with the representative that I would get the gift card and now they tell me it was just for new customers. They don't read their terms and agreements well. It states new and returning customers of which I am a returning customer since I have no agreement with them.

Ted

DSL speeds up to 25/3 Mbps is just that,up to. I have the same DSL(Frontier) and out of the up to speed of 25/3 I get 3.1/.385. And its the same price as if I could get 25/3.
As for bundling, well yes you will get an initial lower bundle price, but it will settle in at normal pricing after the 1st year.

I have seen savings of $28 on the bill bundling the phone/dsl/dish all together on the same bill. It all adds up considering they take 15% off everything plus another $5 off the Dish bill and only have one bill to pay.

As for their speeds, its not as advertised. You get a fraction of the advertised speeds during the daytime. In the middle of the night you approach the speeds advertised until around noon or 1 pm then it goes down a bit through the evening hours.

I love Dish customer service, and I like Frontier customer service. If you do bundle the services, it would be great. I have always had good luck with the services with Dish, but I upgraded from 765K to 3Mb on frontier, and I still don't notice the difference on speed. Maybe, I am not noticing the changes, but I will keep my services as is and not bundle.