Worth it to sell 311 w/o purple security card?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Thor263

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
My parents have a deactivated 311 receiver that they no longer use. I'm pretty positive it was deactivated before the newest security cards were sent out. Is it even worthwhile to try to sell it without the security card? Doesn't Dish charge $50 for a new card?

Thanks!

It depends on the account that activates the 311 as to whether or not there's a charge for a G3 smart card. Since the 311 is 8PSK, I don't see it becoming obsolete anytime too soon

Is Dish Network allowing 301 receivers to be activated? Also, can a purple card from one receiver be transferred to another if there is no balance on either one (such as purple cards on legacy receivers)?

Can't be used for Eastern Arc, so that limits it.

I've still got 2 311's in my basement I haven't bothered to throw away yet as it wouldn't be worthwhile to try and sell. Also have an 811 in the same situation.

Not to mention a 721 and a 942 which can't even be used anymore. I really need to clean out that basement. :D

Can't be used for Eastern Arc, so that limits it.

I've still got 2 311's in my basement I haven't bothered to throw away yet as it wouldn't be worthwhile to try and sell. Also have an 811 in the same situation.

Not to mention a 721 and a 942 which can't even be used anymore. I really need to clean out that basement. :D

Got any friends with boats?

My parents have a deactivated 311 receiver that they no longer use. I'm pretty positive it was deactivated before the newest security cards were sent out. Is it even worthwhile to try to sell it without the security card? Doesn't Dish charge $50 for a new card?

Thanks!
can you plug it in and see the system info? Some 311's have the purple card embedded in the unit. If you check system info and the S# starts S19 it has a purple card (S00 means old card)

I do not understand why Dish Network used to be able to take a card from one receiver and put it in another one but no longer able to do that.

If you can find a buyer, then great.

However a 311 with an old card, I usually just throw away since I can buy a new one with a remote for $50 as a dealer with a 1year warranty

Consider this, a new remote is $14 which makes the unit worth $36 new.

A new card is $50, so do the math and simply buying a new one is a better deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)