worthless lazy scrappers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
I have been eyeing a 1.2 meter with an nprm on an aldis that was being changed into a different store. I kmew the dish would come down, just had to wait till they got to it. The next thing I see he other day is that rolling down the road on a trailer.

I see he guy next day and asked him about it since his "business" is behind where I work. His answer - oh I hauled that to the scrap yard. I scrap for extra money

Freaking derelict bums

bet he only got $5 for it due to being fiberglass

Reactions: T134
Waste. What a waste. (sigh) I Hate WASTE! Next time you see something like that, before it happens talk to the owner and 'make arrangements' to acquire said dishes. Then slap a LARGE sticker on 'em "Do Not Dispose - Property of _______ and Contact:(your phone #)".

It just goes to show that you should tell them you want it BEFORE it gets scrapped. Guys like that only understand CASH, and he'd just as soon sell it to you for more money.

I don't know why they would scrap a nice commercial 1.2m antenna.

You could put one of those on eBay and find someone who'd pay $100+ and the shipping costs for it if you had all the parts.

What a waste of gas.

Probably take the money for there meth addiction scrappers were taking wiring out of the light poles along the interstate by fort wayne. They caught them in act it wss funny. Go and get a job make money that way plus how much you have to put in the gas tank for driving around.

I saw a pretty nice looking dish probly 8 footer or so that the paint wasn't even faded, bent up to fit on a scrappers trailer the other day. I cried a little inside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts