Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2004
State of Confusion
Ok here is the question, I just ordered a PCI card to play around with. I'm using a coolsat pro 4000 right now with a wg 76" and Invacom LNBF. Will I be able to use both the reciever and PCI card without switching cables? I'm too lazy to read every message to try to find the answer. And too lazy to disconnect the cable from the coolsat and plug the coax into the PCI card each time I want to switch.

S

If either has a passthrough, I believe the answer is YES.

But I'm not sure, I didn't look it up...

... I'm too lazy :D

What I'd do (somebody jump in if there's a better way) would be to hook the receiver up to the dish first, use it to control your motor and LNB so you can blind-scan (which the PCI card WON'T do), and run the loop-thru cable from the receiver 'IF out' to your PCI card.

Keep in mind that anything operating from the loop thru (in this case your PCI card) won't be able to control polarity on the LNB. You may also need a DC block on your PCI card, not sure.

If you have a dual-output LNB, you could hook them both up to the LNB and they'd both have independent control of the LNB (you'd be able to get either polarity on either the receiver or PCI card, but only one could control the motor)...

you can do that or get a high frequency splitter and a DC block

hook the DC block to one output and run that to the PC card
hook the other output to the receiver'

now both can be used at the same time. The PC card would be on the same polarity as the receiver

(this works the same as the loop out but works better if you have the receivers in different rooms)

you can get both at Rat Shack....make sure the splitter handles higher than 1000mhz :)

This allows you to split it outside

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)