would america have been SAFER with kerry?

with who would you be safer at this point? post 911

• kerry as president

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • bush as president

Votes: 82 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you guys just go on "Eye for Eye" on HDNET and let Extreme Akim figure it out? :)

Extreme akim, Extreme Akim!!

charper1 said:
NEITHER DID THE CLINTONS DURING THEIR PREVIOUS 8 YEARS. with far more time to study the facts. Those facts you forget to tell were drawn together during THAT admin. Seems they both came to the same conclusion?

Nothing leaked or hiden (media mis-report), it was a staff tape that had to be researched, cleared and released as does everything in all admins. It also shows - NEITHER DID THE LOUISIANA OR NEW ORLEANS LOCAL OFFICIALS AFTER DECADES OF BEING WARNED. The Fed only had 3 - 6 days and were assured that the locals were handling it; as their mayor & governor insists many times, until its too late.

NEITHER HAS ANYONE ELSE, Pharmas have created their own system which stated WAY BEFORE he ever showed up; they "ramped up" they gouging during the famed CLINTON ADMIN; plus those 40M would of had no coverage anyway; regardless.

I make less than $50k and I got my taxes cut! So did my friends making under $35K, guess you or your accountant needs help figuring it out.

More incorrect speak. Jobs were already being shipped, the rate of jobs leaving has actually SLOWED. He also inherated a bursting bubble economy.

Wrong yet again; the previous admin talked but never did, except lossen accountability and standardized testing letting millions of below average kids skate through. At least Bush has fought to regain that accountability; for teachers and students. Liberals are fighting this claiming unfair and racist! As they do EVERYTHING!

Liberal psychobabble at its best.

At this point I would have loved/loathed to have Gore or Kerry win just so you "people" could cry out of the 2nd face you all carry. After he inherited the same propped-up bubble crap the lying, sex fiend left. Pile onto that 911. Neither of those weakling tree-huggers would have done anything (like Clinton before them) and we would have had 2 or 3 more 911's by now.

Rush; is that you?

no it is alan combs!!

you know , the geeky, poor one who gets clobbered by hannity all week long, LOL

the one whos paycheck bounces because airhead america is broke and is getting sued blind.

no1 rush

no 2 hannity

no 3 beck

sorry dude!

Last edited:
I'm sorry no one has mentioned this... IRAQ!!!!

While I was personally there in 2003 during the invasion (duh I'm army) I never thought it would turn into the sh*t face it is now. IF Kerry was pres you know we wouldn't be in the mess were in now. As far as job's going overseas.. That could have been stopped but I personally haven't seen Bush do anything to stop it. Hell I haven't seen a domestic plan from bush.

back to Iraq, Where supposed to be withdrawing troops from there, then why in the hell did we send in 15,000 more from Kuwait. ????? oh yea troop levels are going down.. OH one more thing... WHY THE HELL IS THE IRR (IN ACTIVE RESERVE being DEPLOYED) yea troop levels are going down.. TELL THAT TO MY f**kING WIFE AS I'M GETTING DEPLOYED IN A MONTH BECAUSE OF THIS FAGOT ASS PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to clue you all in... I'm on the IRR, my orders were cut yesterday to go back to IRAQ! now leaving me to Drop everything, quit school, Guesstimate future finances until I can get payed from the army and move my wife and daughter back to Colorado and then drive to Georgia to report in, all within 30 days. Troop levels are going down... Bull sh*t!

so all you bush voting **%$&%*$&%*$&% (the way I really feel) Wanna pay for my funeral? Take a look at your selfs as it hits closer to home than what you all realize. Infact if you feel that dam strongly about your vote, then I challenge you to send your KID to Iraq, Don't have Kids? Good, Then I challenge you to Join the army, Marines your selfs and see first had the mess were in. But I bet you wont do it! Hiding behind your vote acting like a ******. When I joined, it was Pre sept 11th days.. I joined for the collage money like the rest of my generation. September the 11th happened, fine we went into Afghanistan. cool go after the MTHRFUKR. OH YEA HAVE WE CAUGHT BIN LADEN YET? uuuuuhhhhhh nope. oh then we were all lied to.. Weapons of mass destruction... where in Iraq.. did we find any..... nope.. oh this one was the best.. how about mission complete on the aircraft carrior... dam the last time I looked the mission still is not complete... I'm sorry but you all who strongly support the president, but you all are hypocrites as you obviously cant see the whirl of sh*t we really are in as a country. Look at Chaney's ties to Halaburton.... Oh yea now we find out that they served tainted water to our forces when I WAS THERE. Look at oil prices.... LOOK AT THE TIES TO THE OIL INDUSTRY BUSH HAS AND THE SADUIS.... Gee I wonder why gas prices are so high.. And to those people who say that my bashing bush is unpatriotic. Your a hypocrite too, as its my duty as a voter and a citizen to question the guy who I DID NOT VOTE FOR! and when he does the wrong thing its my job as a voter to question his abilities.

One more question, President Clinton was impeached (but never removed from office) for just getting some dam head.

Why hasn't President Bush been impeached for lieing countless times to the American people and leading us in the wrong direction. After all his approval rating was 34% this week. How much lower does this guy have to go to be impeached. Get this a$$hole out of office.

One last thing, the IRR (in active reserves) are the last to get called up. We have to be in some serious sh*t for the IRR to get deployed. The only reserves that is left after the IRR is the DRAFT!. So you will most likely be sending YOUR KIDS to Iraq in the near future. So, don't cry on my shoulder when YOUR KIDS die over there because you had an option to stop it. But you choose bush instead. I was Proud to serve the initial 4 years of my contract. Hell, when I had that DD214 in hand that said I was out I couldn't of been happier.. just to find out two years later.... NOPE NOT YET!

Well said and from someone who is actively involved in the defense of our country. I know that most people are not going to change their opinions to who they like, one way or the other no matter how many people post in their views, it still feels good to hear someone else who agrees with your view.

You have to admit though this country took the fork in the road after 9/11. We will never be the same again. Kind of like after the Watergate scandal in the 70's. The country lost it's political innoncense. THey never trusted the government blindly again. Some say that the country finally grew up and questioned the decisons made by the powers that be in government with a good sense of healthy scepticism.

Although today the present administration and the Republicans in general , label any dissenting opinions as unpatriotic and they should be silenced. Boy the parallels you could draw with Hitler and the squash he put on the free press and his citizens in general in the 40's , and what the republicans and Bush's admininstration is doing today. Can you say illegal wire taps? I know that Nixon could . Now Bush Jr. can join his exclusive club with Nixon . He shares the low popularity numbers with Nixon too. I think that Nixon was at 33% - 34% when he resigned from office in August of 73, and Bush is at 34%.

I wonder how historians will look back at this President and what he did to the country and the world with his agenda.

Last edited:
I feel for you, and I am very glad you are serving, as I am for EVERY service man and woman.. I have NUMEROUS relatives and friends their, BUT if you wanted no part of service or military duty then you shouldn't have signed up. Thats the way I really feel.

I am sure I will be flamed but you signed your own name on the line, and knew there were risks of duty at that point, for whatever the benefits you were trying to receive, I assume a free ride in school and preferential job application an interview treatment afterward..

charper1 said:
I feel for you, and I am very glad you are serving, as I am for EVERY service man and woman.. I have NUMEROUS relatives and friends their, BUT if you wanted no part of service or military duty then you shouldn't have signed up. Thats the way I really feel.

I am sure I will be flamed but you signed your own name on the line, and knew there were risks of duty at that point, for whatever the benefits you were trying to receive, I assume a free ride in school and preferential job application an interview treatment afterward..

Think how free college sounds to a piss ass poor person who cant afford it during peace time. (not by choice) hell thats how the army got its high numbers in the early and late 2000's when i joined up. The promase of 50,000 dollars + free tution if you lived in the state of illinois before and after seperation of active duty. You cant get a better deal than that. usally when you think of war you think of WWII or vieatnam or somthing like that. Do you honestly think back then that we would be in a war 3-4 years later expecally with IRAQ. Nope, I dont see any little hitlers running around here other than binladen, And like I said where is that dude... Yep still on the run. Where is John Walsh when you need him??? If you did know back then I need to ask you what stocks to invest in, winning lotto numbers, ECT. ECT because I need your help to make some money big time :)

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
no it is alan combs!!

you know , the geeky, poor one who gets clobbered by hannity all week long, LOL

the one whos paycheck bounces because airhead america is broke and is getting sued blind.

no1 rush

no 2 hannity

no 3 beck

sorry dude!

Glenn Beck is awesome, I listen to him every morning, I actually like him better than the other two you mentioned. I can't wait til his show on CNN Headline news starts.:)

BTW, once Beck takes over CNN, what will the liberals watch?:confused:

goaliebob99 said:
I'm sorry no one has mentioned this... IRAQ!!!!

While I was personally there in 2003 during the invasion (duh I'm army) I never thought it would turn into the sh*t face it is now. IF Kerry was pres you know we wouldn't be in the mess were in now. As far as job's going overseas.. That could have been stopped but I personally haven't seen Bush do anything to stop it. Hell I haven't seen a domestic plan from bush.

back to Iraq, Where supposed to be withdrawing troops from there, then why in the hell did we send in 15,000 more from Kuwait. ????? oh yea troop levels are going down.. OH one more thing... WHY THE HELL IS THE IRR (IN ACTIVE RESERVE being DEPLOYED) yea troop levels are going down.. TELL THAT TO MY f**kING WIFE AS I'M GETTING DEPLOYED IN A MONTH BECAUSE OF THIS FAGOT ASS PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to clue you all in... I'm on the IRR, my orders were cut yesterday to go back to IRAQ! now leaving me to Drop everything, quit school, Guesstimate future finances until I can get payed from the army and move my wife and daughter back to Colorado and then drive to Georgia to report in, all within 30 days. Troop levels are going down... Bull sh*t!

so all you bush voting **%$&%*$&%*$&% (the way I really feel) Wanna pay for my funeral? Take a look at your selfs as it hits closer to home than what you all realize. Infact if you feel that dam strongly about your vote, then I challenge you to send your KID to Iraq, Don't have Kids? Good, Then I challenge you to Join the army, Marines your selfs and see first had the mess were in. But I bet you wont do it! Hiding behind your vote acting like a ******. When I joined, it was Pre sept 11th days.. I joined for the collage money like the rest of my generation. September the 11th happened, fine we went into Afghanistan. cool go after the MTHRFUKR. OH YEA HAVE WE CAUGHT BIN LADEN YET? uuuuuhhhhhh nope. oh then we were all lied to.. Weapons of mass destruction... where in Iraq.. did we find any..... nope.. oh this one was the best.. how about mission complete on the aircraft carrior... dam the last time I looked the mission still is not complete... I'm sorry but you all who strongly support the president, but you all are hypocrites as you obviously cant see the whirl of sh*t we really are in as a country. Look at Chaney's ties to Halaburton.... Oh yea now we find out that they served tainted water to our forces when I WAS THERE. Look at oil prices.... LOOK AT THE TIES TO THE OIL INDUSTRY BUSH HAS AND THE SADUIS.... Gee I wonder why gas prices are so high.. And to those people who say that my bashing bush is unpatriotic. Your a hypocrite too, as its my duty as a voter and a citizen to question the guy who I DID NOT VOTE FOR! and when he does the wrong thing its my job as a voter to question his abilities.

One more question, President Clinton was impeached (but never removed from office) for just getting some dam head.

Why hasn't President Bush been impeached for lieing countless times to the American people and leading us in the wrong direction. After all his approval rating was 34% this week. How much lower does this guy have to go to be impeached. Get this a$$hole out of office.

One last thing, the IRR (in active reserves) are the last to get called up. We have to be in some serious sh*t for the IRR to get deployed. The only reserves that is left after the IRR is the DRAFT!. So you will most likely be sending YOUR KIDS to Iraq in the near future. So, don't cry on my shoulder when YOUR KIDS die over there because you had an option to stop it. But you choose bush instead. I was Proud to serve the initial 4 years of my contract. Hell, when I had that DD214 in hand that said I was out I couldn't of been happier.. just to find out two years later.... NOPE NOT YET!
well mother****ing said. Its good to see how a person that served over there see's it. I had a friend in Iraq also and he see's it the same way. Thousands of americans are getting killed everyday, FOR WHAT? The reason we are in Iraq now is because its personal between hussain and the bush's and he wants to flex his muscles at the world. If you ask me there is now difference between Bush and Hussain. There both dictator ass holes but that gives us no reason to have thousands of americans killed just because they want to "liberate" the country. If liberating a country is the reason to go over there then way have we not went to Iran, China, Russia, N. Korea, Cuba, Somalia, and on and on. Oh I guess I forgot, we still got a few years of Bush left, we'll probably be over there before long.

shugo77 said:
Glenn Beck is awesome, I listen to him every morning, I actually like him better than the other two you mentioned. I can't wait til his show on CNN Headline news starts.:)

BTW, once Beck takes over CNN, what will the liberals watch?:confused:

Liberals have plenty of choices when it comes to news. Ya'll are the ones confined to only one, Fox News.

BrettTRay said:
I had a friend in Iraq also and he see's it the same way. Thousands of americans are getting killed everyday, FOR WHAT?

YOUR COUNTRY'S FREEDOM, your freedom, your children's, grand children's, etc freedoms! A free'er (sp?) world/Middle East.

More uneducated lies to mis-represent and exacurate. By your count there would be well over 1,096,095 deaths since the war began in March of 2003. Formula used: 1,001 (lowest possible "thousdands") x 1095 days of war.

Since war start of March 2003: There have been a total of 2,517 coalition deaths (not ALL a result of combat); 2,312 Americans, one Australian, 103 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, two Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Hungarian, 26 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians in the waras of March 17, 2006.

Last edited:
These subjects are pointless: regardless of politics there will always be haves and have nots because of bad preparedness from family/self, bad personal choices and overall bad luck. There will always be a near 50/50 split (or damn close) based on the 2 party system. Just stop all the damn crying and get out and vote next time, regardless of how you vote. Get everyone you know out too. We would be in the same or worse situation if Kerry, Gore or Mrs Clinton were in office, so get over it.

Last edited:
Let me start by saying, I pray for all of our troops every night, and I thank God that George Bush is my president. Honestly, it kills me that our boys are dying over there, and I wish they weren't. I live in Phenix City, AL and work in Columbus, Ga which hosts Ft. Benning. I see a lot of troops that are on their way to the middle east, or just got back. Most of them believe in what they are doing, of course, there are some that don't. Most of them understand and accept the risk of signing up in the Army. These are the greatest Americans you will ever meet.

I believe it was Peter Jennings that said the Men & Women who fought WWII were our greatest generation (correct me if I am wrong). But I believe 50 years from now, the world will look back and say, that the troops serving today were the greatest generation. Why? Because we have an all Volunteer military.

War really is hell, and you have to expect there will be casualties. All you can do is hope and pray that the casualties are not in vain, that is why we have to finnish the job at hand.

Before i it called out and insulted and before anyone says I don't know what I'm talking about, let me add this;
My Grandfather served in the Navy in WWII
My Father served in Vietnam and remained in The Air Force for 20 years. ( I am a brat)
My Mother and was in the Army for 10 years and served in Gulf War I (I am a mega brat)
My Stepdad served 20 years in the Army, including Gulf War I
My Brother is active in the Air Force, going on 13 years, he will be going to Iraq in a few months.
I served a lowly 4 years in the Air Force, and still keep in touch with several friends who are still in. (I got out in August 2000)

I have a 16 month old son, and if he decides to enlist one day, I will be very proud of him. Of course I don't ever want him to die in a war, but he will understand the risk of what he is signing into. I will make damn sure of that. And if his only excuse for joining is for college money, I will tell him he's making a mistake. Nobody should join the military for the benefits, you should join the military because you want to serve, I believe most of our soldiers joined because they wanted to serve. When I signed up, I don't remember a gun being pointed at my head, I was never lied to or mis-led. I wanted to be in the military, the benefits were an after thought.

God bless our troops:up
God bless our president:up
God bless our nation :up

Let the insults and attacks against me begin, because I don't care.

You are 1000% correct shugo77 and people that volunteer to go into the service to get the benefits as their main objective and then bitch, are just one more group ultimately trying to scam (or PLAY) the system.

charper1, the invasion of Iraq has done nothing for our freedom, except restrict it. We went there under the false pretenses that a madmen was readying weapons of mass destruction to be used against us and our allies. After it became evident that there were no weapons (to the point the Bush joked about it--"comicly" looking under a table for wmds at a press dinner) the war became about the freedom of Iraqis.

The problem we obviously didn't plan for is that many of the newly free Iraqis would like nothing more to kill each other over various blood feuds. Other like to play the Middle East's favorite game, "Who's More Fundamentalist than Thou?" Then to add to the confusion some of the actual enemy, terrorists, decide to join in and wreak havoc in the name of dozens of conflicting causes.

Iraq is a clusterf*ck. Many Iraqis are worse off than they were under Saddam Hussein. Our presence there won't accomplish anything, but it will likely fall into further chaos if we leave. Basically, Humpty Dumpty fell off of the wall and all of the King's horse's and all the King's men can't put it back together again.

GeorgeLV said:
charper1, the invasion of Iraq has done nothing for our freedom, except restrict it.

I don't know if that's true, but I do know I would rather the war take place in Iraq, than New York City.

People forget we have not been attacked in 4 and half years. Trust me, it's not because the terrorists don't want to attack us, it's because we are keeping them busy in their own backyards.

GeorgeLV said:
charper1, the invasion of Iraq has done nothing for our freedom, except restrict it.

How? Site your examples. If you mean because of searches and wire taps; who cares I got NOTHING to hide and if one bombing in the USA is stopped because of it, GOOD JOB and KEEP IT UP! The only people that worry about stuff like this are paranoid and/or doing something illegal.

We went there under the false pretenses that a madmen was readying weapons of mass destruction to be used against us and our allies. After it became evident that there were no weapons (to the point the Bush joked about it--"comicly" looking under a table for wmds at a press dinner) the war became about the freedom of Iraqis.

As did the majority of the world, and NOT based on media reported false info, even the Clinton admin said / saw / reported the same things. Damned if you do, MORE DAMNED if you don't!

There was no AFTER, it was already a sub-objective to free Iraq and oust Saddam. There were also small quantities of WMD found along with labs, just not the mass stockpiles. W have also discovered mass caches of conventional weapons LONG BANNED and forbidden by the UN, but that gets no media.

The problem we obviously didn't plan for is that many of the newly free Iraqis would like nothing more to kill each other over various blood feuds. Other like to play the Middle East's favorite game, "Who's More Fundamentalist than Thou?" Then to add to the confusion some of the actual enemy, terrorists, decide to join in and wreak havoc in the name of dozens of conflicting causes.

This we ALL can agree on, but better there than here in my yard.

Iraq is a clusterf*ck. Many Iraqis are worse off than they were under Saddam Hussein.

Maybe so, but they need to all get together and care about making something of their country. Or at least help out by not continuing to be thugs and leeches on the system.

Our presence there won't accomplish anything

That is the ideological difference between DEMS and REBL, all DEMS see the negativity and never really want to make a move; to worried about what others think regardless if its right.

Last edited:
shugo77 said:
I don't know if that's true, but I do know I would rather the war take place in Iraq, than New York City.

People forget we have not been attacked in 4 and half years. Trust me, it's not because the terrorists don't want to attack us, it's because we are keeping them busy in their own backyards.

Funny how after the first WTC Attack we weren't attacked until Bush took office. I could just as easily argue that if Bush countinued Clinton's apparantly effective policies (by your measure of time elapsed since attack) we would never have been attacked in the first place.

(Not to mention that your statment that we haven't been attacked in four and a half years isn't even true. Just weeks ago there was a terrorist attack at UNC. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=3958312 )

Last edited:
charper1 said:
You are 1000% correct shugo77 and people that volunteer to go into the service to get the benefits as their main objective and then bitch, are just one more group ultimately trying to scam (or PLAY) the system.

No one was trying to play the system, no one expected this to happen... When we all signed up we knew that we could end up over seas but, we didnt expected to end up there by being LIED TO. When I signed up My expectations was that It had to be a damm good reason for us to invade or go to war. When I rolled accrost the boarder into Iraq in 2003, insurgents in Iraq was unheard of. all of these insurgents didnt majically appear in iraq they came from the borders of seria and iran. The reson's that the american people was given was WEPONS OF MASS Destruction and chemical warfare. Not to find Binladen. Infact, there is no ties between Binladen and Iraq when we originaly invaded. Infact we should have never been in the iraqi war. For you to say that people are trying to scam the system, that is far from the truth but the benifits is the biggest drawing point to the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)