would america have been SAFER with kerry?

with who would you be safer at this point? post 911

• kerry as president

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • bush as president

Votes: 82 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GeorgeLV said:
Funny how after the first WTC Attack we weren't attacked until Bush took office. I could just as easily argue that if Bush countinued Clinton's apparantly effective policies (by your measure of time elapsed since attack) we would never have been attacked in the first place.

One can also assert that the vast majority of the planning occurred under Clinton's nose with nothing done to stop it. Therefore if Bush Sr (or some variant of REB) was still in we would have never gotten to that point either. This is what all DEMS are riding high on, is HINDSIGHT, and they go to bed each not thanking GOD that they didn't get into office.

charper1 said:
That is the ideological difference between DEMS and REBL, all DEMS see the negativity and never really want to make a move; to worried about what others think regardless if its right.

I assure you I'm not a Democrat, although by your ideological standards the National Review is apparantly a liberal rag.

GeorgeLV said:
Funny how after the first WTC Attack we weren't attacked until Bush took office. I could just as easily argue that if Bush countinued Clinton's apparantly effective policies (by your measure of time elapsed since attack) we would never have been attacked in the first place.

(Not to mention that your statment that we haven't been attacked in four and a half years isn't even true. Just weeks ago there was a terrorist attack at UNC. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=3958312 )

Dude, go ahead get ready, because I am about to ruin your day. The planning of the 9/11 attacks began while your boy Clinton was still president. So according to your logic, it is Clinton's fault we got attacked, Bush just inherited it.

Go check out this article
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/16/911.commission/

You have been owned:)

(Not too mention, you terrorist attack at UNC did not kill anyone, and the attack was one idiot, not AL Qaieda)

Last edited:
As an aside, I'm glad that this forum has a place for open political debate, unlike certain other hdtv/satellite forums.

goaliebob99 said:
end up there by being LIED TO

What were you, as a solider, lied to about specifically?

WEPONS OF MASS Destruction and chemical warfare

These were never the only reasons, just what is reported

Not to find Binladen.

Thats why we are in Afghanistan.

Infact, there is no ties between Binladen and Iraq when we originaly invaded.

No but we have found it now and it has been shown, but nay-sayers have never retracted that.

Infact we should have never been in the iraqi war.

That is YOUR personal opinion and a MAJOR REASON you should have never signed up.

people are trying to scam the system, that is far from the truth but the benifits is the biggest drawing point to the military.

Only the people trying to play the system would think that, REAL men & women do it for duty to country.

shugo77 said:
Dude, go ahead get ready, because I am about to ruin your day. The planning of the 9/11 attacks began while your boy Clinton was still president. So according to your logic, it is Clinton's fault we got attacked, Bush just inherited it.

Go check out this article
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/16/911.commission/

You have been owned:)

(Not too mention, you terrorist attack at UNC did not kill anyone, and the attack was one idiot, not AL Qaieda)

Preventing the planning of a terror attack is a ridiculous as an benchmark of sucess, we can only stop the execution of a terror attack.

GeorgeLV said:
Preventing the planning of a terror attack is a ridiculous as an benchmark of sucess, we can only stop the execution of a terror attack.

OMG! 10 nuclear missiles headed toward LA, San Fran and Seattle.

Now, tell me how to stop that as opposed to stopping the plan that would lead to stopping the keys getting turned at launch.

Which SHOULD be easier in theory? You can't un-ring the bell but you sure can do your best to make sure it doesn't get rung!

Lets all stop and think how and when our intel services and budgets were shitcanned. That is where all this began in a sense. Just like the "greeners" not allowing (severe restrictions) us to explore for fuels or building nuclear plants, nor building new refineries in the USA , thus increasing our dependencies abroad; now they lead the bitch squad. Those same people bitch about clearing and cleaning the Forrest floors because of nature, which led to mass wild fires thanks to all the live fuel on the ground. Where were those A-HOLES then? Hindsight is always the best method? LOL!

HINDSIGHT is the ONLY thing bitchers and moaners have to operate on. They were no where to be found beforehand.

Last edited:
GeorgeLV said:

You can't stop the execution unless you learn about the planning. Your boy Clinton sat on his butt and received BJ's for the last four years of his presidency and let this happen.

Maybe if Clintons staff hadn't ransacked the Oval office before leaving, Bush's staff could have found the evidence of planning. But Clinton probably used the evidence to wipe himself off with after Monica left his office...LOL

We could really go back and forth forever, and I'm sure It would be lots of fun, but it's 2:17 am where i live, I need to get my butt to bed. :wave

charper, don't be ridiculous. Obviously, obtaining missiles is an identifiable process of the execution of an attack. You're redefining the meaning of execution to make your argument.

shugo77 said:
You can't stop the execution unless you learn about the planning.

And you can't learn about the planning until the plan begins to be executed. Or do you seriously think it's feasable to listen in on the tent of every Mohammed in the world?

goaliebob99 said:
Think how free college sounds to a piss ass poor person who cant afford it during peace time. (not by choice) hell thats how the army got its high numbers in the early and late 2000's when i joined up. The promase of 50,000 dollars + free tution if you lived in the state of illinois before and after seperation of active duty. You cant get a better deal than that. usally when you think of war you think of WWII or vieatnam or somthing like that. Do you honestly think back then that we would be in a war 3-4 years later expecally with IRAQ. Nope, I dont see any little hitlers running around here other than binladen, And like I said where is that dude... Yep still on the run. Where is John Walsh when you need him??? If you did know back then I need to ask you what stocks to invest in, winning lotto numbers, ECT. ECT because I need your help to make some money big time :)

first and foremost if people don't want to go to war or defend our country as well as others don't join.....The military is not college..it's to defend our nation...but people don't understand I guess when they join.....I hate when people cry awww my son died in war and it's all Bush's fault..WRONG!!!!! When you join the military war is very likely and people must take that into consideration. Could or would Kerry do a better job? I think we would still be here with Kerry..soo people stop crying moaning blah blah if you don't like what goes on in this country get out!!!

dragon002 said:
i know W has our backs. and that is his primary job.
Whether he actually does or not, I think he honestly believes he does and makes decisions based on what he thinks is right. He may be completely wrong, but he believes he is doing the right thing.

That is all I can ever ask of any leader. I would rather have one who makes wrong decisions for the right reasons than someone who makes decisions based on how it will affect his standing with his base.

The real question is not Are we safer today, but will we be safer tomorrow. With Kerry, no way!

goaliebob99 said:
As far as job's going overseas.. That could have been stopped but I personally haven't seen Bush do anything to stop it.
Sure it can be stopped. But do you want to hear the howls of everybody when they can't buy a $49 DVD player anymore, or computers cost $100 more because tech support had to be brought back here. (I would gladly pay the $100 to not have to talk to Indian (Dot, not feather.) tech support ever again.)

If Americans are so upset with jobs going overseas, then stop !@#$ing buying the products that benefit from overseas labor.

charper1 said:
Since war start of March 2003: There have been a total of 2,517 coalition deaths (not ALL a result of combat); 2,312 Americans, one Australian, 103 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, two Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Hungarian, 26 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians in the waras of March 17, 2006.
God Bless them and may they rest in peace with our thanks and gratitute.

T2k said:
Bush is the most dangerous reckless retarded idiot America ever seen as POTUS.

Ask yourself: how is that right after 9/11 the whole world was supporting us - and just within 2 years this imbecile, misspelling retarded newborn loser was able to turn this unconditional outpouring support/love/help into loathsome or hate.
That's what you have to ask from yourself.

He didn't do anything about 9/11, despite he was briefed about it.
It's a fact.
He also didn't do sh*t about New Orleans, despite he was briefed about it, as the latest - administration was hiding it until now - leaked tape showed.
He did nothing.

He did nothing about your healthcare - sorry, he did: he helped the pharmas to lock down the country in their price gauging monopoly, so 40M people has no health coverage.
He did something about your tax - sorry, it's not about *your* tax, unless you make quarter a million or more, then you've got a nice cut.
He did nothing about your jobs - orry, he did: he helped to ship it overseas.
He did nothing about the education - sorry, he actually screwed it up even further by pushing the system for manipulations.
and so on and so forth... war... security... these retards did f**kup everything.
I think only a lunatic can sleep better when such a *loser* like this jesusfreak retard is at the wheel...
Comments like this are very reflective of the person making them

juan,

dont be too rough on him , he just has that in -bred euro mentality.

Last edited:
juan said:
Comments like this are very reflective of the person making them

Touche, eh 002? Nothing like keeping things civil and about facts.

Just popped in to see how things were going here in the 'mental 1950s.' Nothings changed it seems. Read any Robert Baer? Interesting to hear what a bona fide field CIA opp who actually served for 20+ years in the Middle East has to say on a lot of these issues (and administrations of both parties going back to Nixon). But, hey, don't confuse us w/ first hand experience and all them facts, right?

Have fun.

Shane out.

Last edited:
Most of you don't know the first f**king thing about what you're talking about. What do you think - this whole war on terror is some kind of a f**king joke?

My grandfather was with the Yankee Division in World War I
My father was a combat medic with the Screamin Eagles (that's 101st airborne for you punks) in the Normandy Invasion. If you saw Band of Brothers - that was his unit.
I spent from Aug '67 to Aug '68 in the Mekong Delta and that included the Tet Offensive. (By the way, there was no one anywhere near the Delta that got 3 purple hearts in 3 months and walked away without a scratch - it just didn't happen)

Threads like this one scare the sh*t out of me. It reminds me of just how far the integrity of many in this country has fallen and just how divided we've become as a culture. The followers of Islam want to kill every single one of us. If they can get a nuke into this country, they WILL use it.

There are some bleeding heart liberals that think these people can be reasoned with. Nothing is further from the truth. If they can get here - they will kill us. But they may not have to. All they have to do is wait. Because as this country becomes more and more polarized, it's just a matter of time before we're killing each other. People can not survive the kind of basic cultural and moral differences we're now experiencing and remain united.

herdfan said:
Whether he actually does or not, I think he honestly believes he does and makes decisions based on what he thinks is right. He may be completely wrong, but he believes he is doing the right thing.

That is all I can ever ask of any leader. I would rather have one who makes wrong decisions for the right reasons than someone who makes decisions based on how it will affect his standing with his base.

By that standard you'd be happy if Kim Jong Il, Ayatolla Khomeni, Fidel Castro, etc. was your leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts