Would bigger be better?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Would a dish that measures 32" left to right and 30" up and down across the face be better than a 1000.4 for the Eastern arc?
If yes, then would lnbf's marked model cst12G and cst118 that also state 12.2-12.7 Ghz.
Also marked lo 11.25Ghz on the cst12G and lo 10.75Ghz on the cst118?
Last does Dish care what you use to pick up the signal as long as you pay for it? In other words, are you required to use what was installed?

RT.

(Oh and before anyone posts it, I understand they will not come fix you own "stuff.")

Would a dish that measures 32" left to right and 30" up and down across the face be better than a 1000.4 for the Eastern arc?
If yes, then would lnbf's marked model cst12G and cst118 that also state 12.2-12.7 Ghz.
Also marked lo 11.25Ghz on the cst12G and lo 10.75Ghz on the cst118?
Last does Dish care what you use to pick up the signal as long as you pay for it? In other words, are you required to use what was installed?

RT.

(Oh and before anyone posts it, I understand they will not come fix you own "stuff.")

You will need 3 different LNB's for the DBS freq. I suggest you stay w/ the Dish Pro Plus or else you will need dual outputs for each. You will have to find the correct locations for each one to pick up the individual sats. Look for the multiple sat mount brackets used for FTA to mount the LNB's. Then you will need to go thru a switch like a DPP-44. I using individual dishes going thru a DPP-44 for my setup. The freq for DBS here is 12.2-12.7 GHz ITU Region 2 (North and South America).

You will need 3 different LNB's for the DBS freq. I suggest you stay w/ the Dish Pro Plus or else you will need dual outputs for each. You will have to find the correct locations for each one to pick up the individual sats. Look for the multiple sat mount brackets used for FTA to mount the LNB's. Then you will need to go thru a switch like a DPP-44. I using individual dishes going thru a DPP-44 for my setup. The freq for DBS here is 12.2-12.7 GHz ITU Region 2 (North and South America).
This dish I received on a good deal(free) has a 4 position switch and the sat mount bracket to spread the lnb's out. Just wondered if it would work and give a better signal.

RT.

This dish I received on a good deal(free) has a 4 position switch and the sat mount bracket to spread the lnb's out. Just wondered if it would work and give a better signal.

RT.
Will the dish skew? That is turn so that you can rotate it enough to catch all 3 sats? The switch may or may not work with E*. Sounds like it's time to play & find out. That is really the only way to know for sure.

RT.

Will the dish skew? That is turn so that you can rotate it enough to catch all 3 sats? The switch may or may not work with E*. Sounds like it's time to play & find out. That is really the only way to know for sure.

I know some of those dishes will skew but most have a weird bracket that attached to the dish and you can adjust the bracket. I've seen both
I wonder what switch he is talking about too. I know most of those "setups" like that were for stealing so the switch is a diseqc switch which wont work with Dish equipment

I know some of those dishes will skew but most have a weird bracket that attached to the dish and you can adjust the bracket. I've seen both
I wonder what switch he is talking about too. I know most of those "setups" like that were for stealing so the switch is a diseqc switch which wont work with Dish equipment
This one will skew a large amount.
You are correct it is a diseqc switch and that is why I got it for free. Nag 3 made it of no value to him. (Ha! Ha! Ha! That will teach him)

WOW again! My 1000.4 only gets 48 and has a very clear shot of sky. Are you sure you don't have a 15 foot dish?

RT.

It will give me some stuff to play with.

Last edited:
WOW I want that kind of signal strength, how did you do it? pictures please of your setup.

WOW again! My 1000.4 only gets 48 and has a very clear shot of sky. Are you sure you don't have a 15 foot dish?

Must be an older receiver using the "old" signal strength meter. I get readings similar to that with my 4900.

I was thinking the same thing or has a signal amplifier tied in.

Nope guys lol it's a 1000.2 no amp and it's on a 722k. I actually get around 78 signal strength on 110 TP 15 but for some reason that day it kept flashing to 125 occasionally... lol... Haven't been able to get it to do that since then.

Sorry for misleading, thought it was funny :p (thought maybe my ;) would give a clue.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)