Would D* allow and would it be possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
My neighbor a good guy is getting service next month. He has clearer line of sight. He actually offered if there was a way to bounce the signal to me across the street. I don't think it is possible but it was awful nice of the guy to offer after I had to fight the HOA. He wasn't one of the ones that complained.

Bounce the signal? No but you could relay it with the right equipment. But I dont think thats run of the mill equipment. You could run coax lines but I dont know how realistic that is across the street. I think you might be SOL.

Bounce the signal? No but you could relay it with the right equipment. But I dont think thats run of the mill equipment. You could run coax lines but I dont know how realistic that is across the street. I think you might be SOL.

Yes thanks Brewer that's what I figured. My reading on 119 is horrible. That would be the only reason. Thank you for your frank and honest input.:up

Is there any way of relocating the dish or use 2 dishes? One for 101 and one for 110 and 119. It is possible to combine 2 dishes together into 1 line into the house. Not ideal but you gotta have your Directv. I understand. ;)

Is there any way of relocating the dish or use 2 dishes? One for 101 and one for 110 and 119. It is possible to combine 2 dishes together into 1 line into the house. Not ideal but you gotta have your Directv. I understand. ;)

I don't think two dishes would do me any good. I'm going to try this week and see if I can use the old 3 lnb to bring them in. I'm not that concered the only channel I can't get right now is Discovery HD.

I don't think two dishes would do me any good. I'm going to try this week and see if I can use the old 3 lnb to bring them in. I'm not that concered the only channel I can't get right now is Discovery HD.

Hopefully channels will be moving to the new sat locations shortly after they are up and working, that could possibly free up your set up as they would shuffle alot of channels to different sats.

Jimbo

I just spent about four hours in the backyard trying to get 119 with the old 3lnb. I was able to hit it and in the high 80's but I believe I'm hitting it between branches. Also when I had 119 in the high 80's I checked the other sats and was getting nothing. My only hope is for some branches to fall are Katrina part two passes through! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)