Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
-

Would diseqc switch, and Universal ku LNBF work together ?

I have a old satworks 3618, and diesqc switch.

I am thinking about buying a GT-S40
universal ku lnbf.

I have read that d
iesqc and universal LNBF both use a 22khz tone.

So could these two be used together ?

-

Diseqc uses a tone "burst" and the universal LNB uses a continuous 22k tone to select the proper band.
They will work fine together.
Just set your receiver menu for whichever diseqc port it's on (usually 1 thru 4) and set LNB type to "Universal" and you should be good to go! :)

whoa a satworks 3618.....had one of them a while back
Also had a 3688 which had motor control...by the way the software is interchangeable in those.

blind scan is very thorough but good lord is it slow

-

Yes I have updated my satworks 3618 to the 3688. And modified my remote to use it.

Parts of the menus was so user unfriendly; that I would accidentally alphabetize the satellite list.

Finally downgraded it back to the satworks 3618.

-

Diseqc uses a tone "burst" and the universal LNB uses a continuous 22k tone to select the proper band.
They will work fine together.
Just set your receiver menu for whichever diseqc port it's on (usually 1 thru 4) and set LNB type to "Universal" and you should be good to go! :)

I agree re the two working fine together. The "tone burst" and "1-4" thing though, I'm not so sure of. I've always been under the impression that there were two types of DiseqC switches (I guess now more than two), ie the regular DiseqC, and the tone burst, which I thought were a shortened DiseqC signal. I thought the tone burst ones were the 2 port ones which had ports "A" and "B", and the regular ones had numbers. I'm probably all wrong about the terminology, but I know I've read about the shortened commands for the simplified DiseqC protocol. I've always found that the switches labeled "A" and "B" and the ones with numbers seemed to be cross compatable though, and would work via either letter or number commands, so maybe there isn't much difference, I don't know. Anyway, I've never been to certain about the tone burst switches, but I was under the impression that they were only 2 port switches.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts