Would I be an idiot to signup?

PILMAN

The Cable Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 2, 2005
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Or is voom still kicking? Everytime I bring it up anywhere else people keep saying "Voom is dead". I really want the HDTV channels but I don't know if I should risk it for less channels, and the possibility that voom will be gone. I want to take advantage of the promotion they have, i've also considered just keeping dish and buying voom with 1 receiver for my plasma since thats the only hdtv I have in the house.

no you wont be an idiot for signing up. but youd be treated like a fool to wait for 4 different install appointments which im sure what would happen. just my opinion.

droolman7 said:
no you wont be an idiot for signing up. but youd be treated like a fool to wait for 4 different install appointments which im sure what would happen. just my opinion.
You should be treated like a fool and ARE a fool if you waited for 4 different install appointments.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me four times, I am a dumb@ss. Call and get a new installer perhaps after missed appt 1.

Idiot!!! :D

I don't mean to sound insulting, (I'm just using yout title and please don't take it wrong) but you would be an idiot not to sign up for Voom. Sign up, get at least two Set top boxes, put Dishnetwork on standby (I believe you'll get charged $5.00/month for this). It's only $1.00 plus you'll get free VaVaVoom programming for two months.

21 HD exclusives
Discovery HD
TNTHD
UniversalHD
ESPNHD
Plus any digital local channels you might get

69 SD cable favorites (last time I counted)plus a dozen or so Digital Music Channels.

PILMAN don't pass this by!

no its not the installers, its installs inc. they keep 'messing' up the order. and its not like i wanna wait around for them, i have no choice. my local installer thats suppose to be doing the job keeps calling me and asking if ive heard anything from voom or install inc about the situation. i have been posting whats been goin in another part of the board if youd like to read about it. i think voom is great so far, even though i cant watch it yet lol. and im not mad them, im mad at installs inc for this. tomm is suppose to be my 4th appt, so we'll see.

I had a fantastic install experince. I think it depends where you live and who is used. Nobody can say that your install will be bad or good. If you know someone in your area who has VOOM ask them about it. Also I will double the $1 offer so that you make money on the deal.

You would be a food not to.

nobody in my area has even heard of voom, I live in fort walton beach, florida. Again I am just concerned because although I watch HDTV the rest of my family just watches standard programming. I can't have everything revolve around me so I have to be fair to the family, I just need to make sure I am making a good choice and my family is not losing some of the stuff they lose as I think that would be kinda selfish just to get a service that only benefits me. My mother would kill me if she couldn't get dr phil and operah, I alraedy know they don't provide locals here but thats not stopping me....yet.

If you can get your locals OTA right now you will get them thru your VOOM receiver. I don't know how close the nearest major TV market is to you but if it is under 50 miles, you have a good chance of keeping them and gaining them OTA without having to buy an additional digital STB. You may have saved yourself around $500 by going with VOOM. I say "may" because I don't know your exact location to TV stations.

no I don't use OTA nor would I install a antenna, it's too much of a hassle. Right now I have americas top 180, the hd channels, and the movie pak with 3 receivers and I pay about 121.00 a month through Dish. Would I be saving going to voom?

Just wanted to add the only thing holding me back right now is the possibility of vooms shutdown, it just doesn't look like there doing to well. Does anyone know what the status is on rainbow-1? and is there a rainbow-2 if they sell rainbow-1? I really do want to switch because I love HD content so much but I really would be a lot more willing to switch if I knew VOOM was going to stay intact at least for the next year.

I heard of voom in the past as well but most others here don't know anything about it. My mothers not looking to forward to a switch as she is concerned about losing most of her programming, and again I myself and a bit worried about vooms future.

Your family will thank you! At first, some folks don't really care about HD quality. They just want to watch their programs, big TV, small TV, crappy receptions, color, B&W, whatever - just give me my Dr Phil.
But after a short time, an amazing thing will happen. They will begin to notice the difference when watching on another set, or at someone else's house.
My Mom thinks her TV is breaking down because it looks so 'fuzzy'. Well, it was always fuzzy! She has just been spending a lot of time over here watching TV!!!
Worth the risk - yes
Worth the money - yes
But that was my decision, based on my needs.
Think about it though...what is the real risk? A dollar for installation? One month's service? What would you pay to test drive a car for a month before buying it?

Andrew

My Install was Great

Ronald_Jeremy said:
You should be treated like a fool and ARE a fool if you waited for 4 different install appointments.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me four times, I am a dumb@ss. Call and get a new installer perhaps after missed appt 1.

Idiot!!! :D

My installer was great. The best Profesional people I have ever encountered.And You would be a fool not get Voom. The Best TV all around. And it will be Here in Years to come.Look AT HBO . were has it Gone.?

It is easy for all of us to say "get it". But if I were on the fence right now, I would wait until the end of March to see what is going to happen to Voom.

My family has had VaVaVoom since last May, and it is still just as fantastic today as the day we got it. I never thought I would become a cheerleader for a satellite TV service of all things, but I am. Everybody on this forum wants more channels, but Voom is already excellent as it is.

Cheerleading aside, too much is in the air for the next few weeks. You wouldn't get your install date for at least a week or two anyway. It would be better for me if you sign up -- we need a lot more Voomers to keep this service afloat! But I also want to give you my best advice.

GO CHUCK!
GO VOOM!

As a relatively new Voomer, I have to tell you that you'd be an idiot if you don't sign up.

I signed up on February 20th and my install was scheduled for Mar 1st. At the time, I HAD NO IDEA OF WHAT ALL THE FUZZ WAS ABOUT... but after reading about it while visiting a technology forum, I was really concerned that my installation would never become a reality. Well, that famous day came and the installers showed up, on time, with all the equipment and they simply did an incredible job. I've already been a customer of the other two sat companies out there and without a doubt, Voom's installation was the most professional and detailed one of the three. Maybe I was just lucky and my installers were really that good, but all I know is that I'm now enjoying my $2000 TV the way it was meant to be enjoyed... and I'm hoping (heck, praying applies here) that Voom will remain in service for quite a while, because if it ever goes down, I'm going to miss it A LOT.

Go ahead... sign up... there's no risk at all (other than simply have to take down the dish and disconnect the equipment if the service ever goes down)... just get ready to really start enjoying your HDTV for the first time since the day you got it, because my friend, you'll feel like partying @party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts