Would like NFL Sunday Ticket, but don't want to switch providers, like features that Dish has?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Are NFL Sunday Ticket online or for PS3 the only options? (Is there a way to DVR either one of them?) They are pretty expensive and might be interested in looking into it next season. Like Dish's features and don't want to switch, and am not switching simply because of that.

The closest thing Dish offers is NFL Red Zone Channel which is a part of the Mult-sports pack which is $9 per month (you can cancel it when the regular season is over and add it again at the beginning of the next season). Dish receiver cannot dvr anything from an outside source.

I switched to D* over the summer, but found myself watching a lot of redzone when I had E*. It really is a great channel. Now that I have D* with the Sunday ticket, I find myself still watching the Redzone channel, if there isn't a game that I am really interested in.

Now that I have D* with the Sunday ticket, I find myself still watching the Redzone channel, if there isn't a game that I am really interested in.

Friends have said the same, then freak out when I tell them I get the same thing for $7/mo ($9 now, but got the 50% promotion).

Sort of off topic.But,I wish the NFL would do a team pass deal.If I could get every Eagles game in HD I would be happy.Sunday Ticket as a whole is overkill,there is no way you can watch all the games even with 5 tuners.Red Zone is Dish's best option,I do like it but,when your team doesn't score much such as the Eagles,you don't get to see them often.

I'm sorry but it still think its incredibly stupid on the part of the NFL not offering their product to all providers as a separate package. With the NFL its all about the money and they are leaving a ton on the table the way they presently do business.

Sort of off topic.But,I wish the NFL would do a team pass deal.If I could get every Eagles game in HD I would be happy.Sunday Ticket as a whole is overkill,there is no way you can watch all the games even with 5 tuners.Red Zone is Dish's best option,I do like it but,when your team doesn't score much such as the Eagles,you don't get to see them often.
So, in addition to the Red Zone channel for the offensive-minded fan, the NFL needs to come up a 3rd Down channel for us defensive-minded folk. ;)

So, in addition to the Red Zone channel for the offensive-minded fan, the NFL needs to come up a 3rd Down channel for us defensive-minded folk. ;)

hehehe the punting channel.

I dunno about that idea.The team idea I like.:D

hehehe the punting channel.

I dunno about that idea.The team idea I like.:D
Oh, I agree with your idea, I was just making a jab.

I've thought this for a while. Why not have 3 tiers of subscription...team, division, league, all at different price points. I bet their subscription rates and profits would go way up.

I'm sorry but it still think its incredibly stupid on the part of the NFL not offering their product to all providers as a separate package.
DIRECTV is paying enough for everyone -- and then some for the privilege of what marketroids call an exclusive.

Old timers call it a racket.

I've thought this for a while. Why not have 3 tiers of subscription...team, division, league, all at different price points. I bet their subscription rates and profits would go way up.

Agreed, but we may end up with too much of a good thing. Look at what is going on with some NBA teams. Before you know it, each sports team will have their own channel and fans will have to pay big $$$$.

The MultiSport Pack (NFL Network) + Redzone + Local Fox & Cbs has been great w/ 120+

Here's the sad/frustrating part: Years ago there was a class action lawsuit against the NFL Sunday Ticket when it was available on C-Band. Part of the settlement was supposed to be the ability to purchase just one team's games. I signed my sheet and went through all the stuff that was needed to be part of the class and receive the settlement.

When the settlement finally happened, all we received was the ability to buy just the Sunday Ticket from Directv without any other programming (it was no longer offered on C-Band at that point). If we didn't take it immediately, or skipped a year, that ability was supposedly gone. Well, needless to say, we only got one year of that deal. Upon renewal, we were forced to take their choice package. The benefits mysteriously disappeared.

Here's the sad/frustrating part: Years ago there was a class action lawsuit against the NFL Sunday Ticket when it was available on C-Band. Part of the settlement was supposed to be the ability to purchase just one team's games. I signed my sheet and went through all the stuff that was needed to be part of the class and receive the settlement.

When the settlement finally happened, all we received was the ability to buy just the Sunday Ticket from Directv without any other programming (it was no longer offered on C-Band at that point). If we didn't take it immediately, or skipped a year, that ability was supposedly gone. Well, needless to say, we only got one year of that deal. Upon renewal, we were forced to take their choice package. The benefits mysteriously disappeared.

Bummer.I would have been very disappointed.

I switched to D* over the summer, but found myself watching a lot of redzone when I had E*. It really is a great channel. Now that I have D* with the Sunday ticket, I find myself still watching the Redzone channel, if there isn't a game that I am really interested in.

You do know that after the 1st year, you will automatically charged for the Sunday Ticket unless you cancel it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)