Would Like To See Low Cost Movies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I would like to see a low cost movie service compatible with fta receivers. Just think if someone did it they wouldn't have to worry about retailers and installers since we do our own. However the down side is that if hacked there probably wouldn't be enough legit subscribers to keep them afloat.

THIS TV is about as low cost as you can get - free.
Available on 123 Ku-band, and over the air digital in many cities across the US

White Springs TV on G27 Ku is another option. It seems like wall to wall movies to me - at least anytime i've gone by there.

123 Ku looks interesting, which service providers have movies? I now receive 97 and 101 on a Glorystar 90cm dish and would probably invest in a second dish and switch, but want to be sure that it's worth the expense and effort.

I would like to see a low cost movie service compatible with fta receivers.

It'd be a nice alternative to the HORRIFICALLY over priced 4DTV receivers. A lot of cable channels are DVB now and most FTA receivers have a CAM thing already. Just needs a company like Skyvision or NPS to set it up, but I don't think anyone is doing that yet, or at least not in this country.

Whitesprings and ThisTV are based on getting local cable or TV stations to distribute their commercial-filled signal to hundreds of thousands of homes.
Look at the quality of product they are delivering.
Now imagine finding hundreds of thousands of FTA users with compatible card slots, and getting cards into their hands.

Sounds like a risky investment into an uncertain market.
Would really take some imagination (and fast talking) to launch such an enterprise. - :cool:

123 Ku looks interesting, which service providers have movies? I now receive 97 and 101 on a Glorystar 90cm dish and would probably invest in a second dish and switch, but want to be sure that it's worth the expense and effort.

If you did invest in a second dish for 123 you could easily add a second LNBF for 129.

You can look at the ThisTV schedule here THIStv - Check local listings for availability and Whitesprings TV here White Springs TV - Home Page

The best part is that they are all free. Plus you get all the other channels on 123 as well. IMHO its worth the expense and effort.

THIStv looks kike it might be worth the effort, thanks much!

It'd be a nice alternative to the HORRIFICALLY over priced 4DTV receivers. A lot of cable channels are DVB now and most FTA receivers have a CAM thing already. Just needs a company like Skyvision or NPS to set it up, but I don't think anyone is doing that yet, or at least not in this country.

It will probably never happen. Once the 4DTV run ends the days of subscription tv on C band will probably be a thing of the past. Why? money, nobody want's to invest the $$$$$$$ in doing it as long as those pizza dishes are around. Now if we could kill Dish and Direct and put them out to pasture there may be a chance. What will probably kill the LSD companies will be fiber.

4DTV's are cheap, I payed $399.00 for mine brand new a few years ago. I spent $1500.00 on my analog Chaparral Monterey 50 back in 91, so 4 bills is dirt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts