Would this Ku LNB work with a Chaparral Corotor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
Im in the hunt for a used Corotor for c/ku since those voltage controlled LNBFs have not worked for me but while I search for one I wanted to know if this LNB on ebay will work with it. I asked the person selling but he/she doesn't know, so I thought about asking the sat guys

btw it's selling for 23 bucks

308egrr.jpg

2eb5n2d.jpg

Im new to Ku Band so I was wondering if theoretically I can get a better signal than with the current Universal LNBF I have, which I use with a KU2C bracket on my 10 foot dish

2610nmb.jpg

Yes, that is a WR-75-flanged LNB, and it should PHYSICALLY work with a Corotor.

However, I don't like the non-standard specs, a L.O. frequency of 10000? First time I've ever heard that one. A universal is 9750 and 10600. Standard is 10750. I would look for another WR-75-flanged LNB with proper specs for a standard LNB (L.O. 10750), they are not too difficult to find.

Yes, that is a WR-75-flanged LNB, and it should PHYSICALLY work with a Corotor.

However, I don't like the non-standard specs, a L.O. frequency of 10000? First time I've ever heard that one. A universal is 9750 and 10600. Standard is 10750. I would look for another WR-75-flanged LNB with proper specs for a standard LNB (L.O. 10750), they are not too difficult to find.

The 1000 LO freq could be an advantage with respect to receiving whatever signals are available in the band below 11700, however I agree that this would result in some significant problems. I guess the 3 main disadvantages are that:

(1) it will not be compatable with analog or GI/Mot DCII receivers, that are expecting specific IF freqs, in the 950-1450 range.
(2) the IF freq for the regular 11700-12200 band will be 750 MHz higher, and your coax, switches, etc, etc generally have a lot more signal loss at higher frequencies, so even if the LNB is performing well, you may lose a lot of signal before it gets to your receiver due to these losses.
(3) the upper end of the band will be at 12200-10000=2200, and many FTA receivers only tune up to 2150, and some don't even go up that high, so you wouldn't be able to tune the whole 12700-12200 band.

Basically, a good Ku LNB is a lot more costly than this, but it's probably worth the investment.

very odd that a LNB is set up to do only part of the low band and bypasses high band all together

yeah, the whole "typical service = europe" is what's worrying me, maybe I should just get an Eagle Aspen KU LNB, unfortunately is double the price of this one I posted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts