Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok my AZbox is not working (or at least I think it's not working) I can pick up all standard DVB broadcasts fine... I can pick up DVB-S2 broadcasts fine, however I am unable to pick up any DBS-S2/8PSK broadcasts with it.

I can't get a blip of a signal from ANY S2/8PSK station and I believe my tuning on my dish is good. Singals on all other transponders are GREAT.

So I have a DVBTECH 8PSK USB satellite tuner, can I use this to tune in S2/8PSK signals?

If so how do I set it up? I am assuming that I should use TSREADER. Will I need anything else?

I plan on using my AZBOX to move the satellite to a bird with S2/8PSK signal on it then moving the satellite cable to the DVBTech Tuner and seeing what I can find.

Any help or pointers would be GREAT. :) I have spent many many many hours trying to get the S2/8PSK stuff and really need to know if there is an issue with my AZbox or if my Dish is truely off a bit.

THANK YOU!

Scott

DVBTech is USB 2.0-to-8 psk Turbo card Adapter similar to Genpix Skywalker-1. The card itself can't receive DVB-S2 channels, same for the Adapters. Matchbox Pro is also DVB-S tuner that supports QPSK demodulation only.

I'd start from installing a different firmware release to your AZBox, possibly the last, or one of earlier releases that you recall working well. I assume you can receiver DVB-S2 QPSK channels with AZBox - which ones? Its possible there is a firmware clean up procedure for AZBox allowing to completely remove all previous firmware files and setting before installing another release. Check their forum.

Attachments

• DVBTech 8psk-to-USB Adapter.jpg
    DVBTech 8psk-to-USB Adapter.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Genpix-SW-1.JPG
    Genpix-SW-1.JPG
    3.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Matchbox Pro.jpg
    Matchbox Pro.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Scott,
Do you have any Ku dish available ? The NBC mux on 103W Ku is not that hard for me to acquire, 12000 H 30000 5/6 FEC . I'd say that a 8 foot dish would need to be aimed very precisely for most of the DVB-S2 8psk C-band tp's.

I was able to receive the NBC mux on AMC 18 Cband with a 7 1/2 foot dish. So I think you should be able to receive it on your 8 foot dish. I couldn't receive the NBC ku muxes on AMC 1 with the 7 1/2 foot or 10 foot mesh dish. I have trouble receiving them on my 90 cm Fortec dish also. But I think AMC 1 signals are weaker here in Northern California even with the skew set properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts