Would this work?

Petwanel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
I currently have a Toshiba 1080i dvd player and a Pioneer Elite 1080i A/V receiver. I want to buy a 1080p dvd player but would prefer to keep the 1080i receiver because of cost. If a purchase a HDMI splitter and output from the 1080p dvd to the 1080p monitor and the 1080i receiver simultaneously would I be able to get HD audio through the receiver?:confused:

I currently have a Toshiba 1080i dvd player and a Pioneer Elite 1080i A/V receiver. I want to buy a 1080p dvd player but would prefer to keep the 1080i receiver because of cost. If a purchase a HDMI splitter and output from the 1080p dvd to the 1080p monitor and the 1080i receiver simultaneously would I be able to get HD audio through the receiver?:confused:
Which models do you have? Is your toshiba DVD a HD-DVD or an up-converting standard model? I'm guessing your elite reciever is either a VSX-72,74,82,or 84. All models are able output 1080p as long as your TV will except 1080p. If not you could go to your tv via the HDMI out of the HD-DVD player and hook up your dvd player to your reciever via multi-channel output. To do this take standard analog cables (8 total for 7.1) and go out of the DVD player multi-channel out and into your elite receiver multi-channel input. (note: when doing this your bypassing all auto calibration by the EQ microphone so you may have to calibrate manually) When watching a movie just program your reciever to go to the multi-channel input for your your surround input.

By the way, I don't think the current models of the Toshiba HD-DVD players aren't capable of outputting the new lossless formats with full 5.1. HDMI 1.3 is now starting to appear and the only DVD players utilizing 1.3 are Panasonics Blu-Ray player (awesome player), the new Sony Playstation 3 and next month Toshiba is releasing its second generation HD-DVD player with 1.3. All these models decode the lossless formats for you, meaning you don't need a receiver with the decoders built in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts