This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Would you drop the VOOM Channels to save $10/month?

Would you opt out of the VOOM channels to save $10/month?

• I prefer to pay $20/month for the present HD pack with VOOM

Votes: 109 45.4%
  • I prefer to pay $10/month for the present HD *minus* the 15 VOOM channels

Votes: 131 54.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
For those who subscribe to DishHD

As of some point in 2007 (Feb 1?), all DishHD subs will be paying $20/month for the DishHD package. Would you prefer paying the $20/month for the present HD channel package, or paying $10/mon for the same package minus the 15 VOOM channels?

The only way you'll take away my Voom HD channels is from my cold dead fingers! :tux:

I would love to cut the Voom channels out since they are nothing but reruns that I 've seen over and over and over again.

Other than great PQ, Voom offers little in the way of quality programming for the average joe. I could count on one hand the number of times I have actually watched voom after having it since day#1 of it being on dish. There is just not enough compelling content for me.

I like some of the voom channels, but I would drop them just because it's repeats of the same shows years old now.. Rave is about the only thing I watch that occassionaly has something I haven't seen.. and thats very rare..

It would help me if I knew which channels in the 9xxx range were Voom channels. I really only like UniHD, HDNet, HDMovies and ESPN. If none of those are Voom, I would prefer to keep my $10.

No Way

I use to have Voom and the extra 10 bucks is for the 10 HD voom channels. ( what use to be voom ) and I never whated these. ie Monster channel, RUSH, etc. I'd rather keep what I have now. At least their watchable channels. HDNET, Discovery. Looks like they want to force these other channels on new customers.