Would you drop the VOOM Channels to save $10/month?

Would you opt out of the VOOM channels to save $10/month?

• I prefer to pay $20/month for the present HD pack with VOOM

Votes: 109 45.4%
  • I prefer to pay $10/month for the present HD *minus* the 15 VOOM channels

Votes: 131 54.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VOOM moved to an all or nothing policy- companies that distribute VOOM must agree to pass all of them and for the VOOM package to be part of the basic HD offerings.

Welcome to our little community.

If you're so unhappy with Dish HD, maybe you should switch to cable and see how green the grass is there.
I did not say I was unhappy with Dish HD, I made a statement that I am not happy with Voom and If I could save a dollar to remove them I would, Why would I pay for something I don't watch? Wouldn't you drop channels that you don't watch if you could? I will think about switching to Directv if I do not have RSN's by baseball season.

I would opt for C...include all 15 VOOM HD chanels in Top 60/100, drop the $20 HD fee, make the HD channels available to all customers who subscribe to the SD version, and raise each package price an additional $2. Everyone is paying a low-cost for HD and everyone has access to the HD channels without addition charge...just purchase or lease the appropriate HD receiver.

I like a third choice - I currently pay $5 for the first 10 Voom channels. A decent price.

Voom was cool when I first got it - loved MonstersHD. But how many times can they show Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, Wolfman vs Frankenstein, Drakula, etc. I love horror, but I would like some new shows to tide me over to the 30th.

Very good response so far.

It looks to me like people would like to have the option of subscribing to the VOOM channels.

Exactly, but make it a true choice. Non-VOOM HD for $10, VOOM-HD (no lite remarks please) for $10, or both for $20 (maybe even a $2 discount if you order both). Premium HD Movie channels would activate with any of the 3 choices.

I wasn't really trying to set up a comprehensive poll. Merely wanted to see what the general perceptions were toward paying for VOOM.

If E* were to split off VOOM, I suspect it might be more along the lines of the standard HD pack being $12.95/mon and then VOOM being another $7. But I picked $10 & $10 just for the heck of it, to see how many people thought VOOM was worth $10/month.

The old hd pack was $10, the old voom pack was $5. For the $5 difference between that rate and the new packs they added quite a bit. If voom was optional I doubt it would be $10.

I voted to pay $10 without VOOM! Basically that's because that's all I pay right now. I would love to continue to be able to pay the $10 and get ESPN2-HD, and the other new HD channels, but since I'd have to have VOOM and the hefty price increase, I'd rather keep what I have now since I mostly watch HDNET, ESPN-HD, TNT-HD, and my OTA channels anyway.

I like Voom. I watch Equitor, Rave, Rush, Ultra, Treasure. Filmfest, and Monster. Worth $20 per month. Plus i watch HBO HD, TNT, Disc HD, Universal and HDnet Movies and HGTV I also get all the network HD TV stations and do not have to pay the $6 access fee.

I could be in minority here but I like Voom channels. They are not perfect but overall do offer variety of programming I like to see. I enjoy watching EquitorHD, GalleryHD, UltraHD, HDNews...
The repetitions are not exclusive to Voom only as all other SD and especially premium channels are doing it for years. The HD content is just now being more pushed by TV stations and studios so there is just not enough of it to be broadcasted non-stop w/o repeating some...over time things should improve some.

Also people somehow connect Voom to price increase which, while I am not happy to hear about or start paying, is not related to these channels only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)