Would you like to see Dish drop The Weather Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Would you like to see Dish drop TWC?

• Yes

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Only if it's replaced with a better weather-centric channel

Votes: 46 41.8%

• Total voters
The downward spiral started when NBC bought 'em...

I feel the same way. Now, unless there's a severe weather outbreak, it's useless reality programming like Iceberg Hunters with 1 hour of weather every 3 hours after 2 PM. I'd just as soon go to their app or website on my iPod Touch and look at local radar that way. Combined with my local stations and 43+ years of weather experience, I think I can figure out what's coming. :)

I voted Don't Care.

Why, is someone talking about pulling TWC? I don't watch it much, but when a hurricane is coming through or hard storms are hitting the TWC folks are always there and do great reporting. As for day to day programming I don't watch them much. I'm surprised they haven't broken away from their core as so many other networks have (AMC, SciFi, etc) and started showing movies like Twister.

Why, is someone talking about pulling TWC? I don't watch it much, but when a hurricane is coming through or hard storms are hitting the TWC folks are always there and do great reporting. As for day to day programming I don't watch them much. I'm surprised they haven't broken away from their core as so many other networks have (AMC, SciFi, etc) and started showing movies like Twister.

No, this is just a forum poll...not a poll by DISH to pull the plug on TWC. The poll is just expressing the feeling of die-hard fans of what used to be great cable channel. It's now just a channel on life support (IMO) - except in this case there is NO brain activity (i.e., NBC Universal), but movement by a "live" warm body is detected every so often.

I have an ota antenna and I get Accuweather off the air. They are much better than the weather channel imho. It's a subcarrier channel 10-2 for WBNS here in Columbus! I think they should offer Accuweather as part of the locals where available.

Dish promised a new weather channel partnered with the weather channel back during the dispute. It was in a press release. They did not deliver so let's go back to the weather nation. Dump TWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)