would you pay $100 for this dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

valdelocc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Western NY
some guy offered me the 7 foot dish and a Legend receiver Cipher II plus $100, good or bad deal what do you think?

dish3.jpg

dish2.jpg

dish1.jpg

If the actuator works and the reciever works it is not bad. But that far north you might be a little dissappointed with a 7 foot dish. It does look nice and deep though so it might be a good dish. I will let someone else comment on the dish itself.

The receiver is only good for analog FTA. VC2+ is obsolete. You can get brand new analog receivers for $20 or less plus shipping...

That is a nice 71/2 Unimash dish with a 24" moving arm with the c-band receiver i thing $100.00 is a hell of good deal.

That's what I am thinking. A dish mover, a feedhorn and LNB a actuator and a slightly undersized dish. If it all works yes it is worth it.Free would be better but if nothing else is available right now why not?

pass:

Unless you are really in a BUD-desert, I'd just say: no.
There's a lot of work in digging it out, and then it's just average-to-small.
As suggested, the receiver is worth nothing (well, to me).

Now, if he wants $25 or $50 and will help you dig out the pole and such...!
That'd be a different story! :)

I paid a guy around $135 or so, in cash and gifts, for a pristine Birdview, and he worked like a dog to dig out the pole and smash of the cement!
My other BUD was -free- and would put yours to shame! H-H motor, Toshiba analog receiver, et al.
I didn't take the first dishes I located. I searched for sweet deals. Both linked in my signature

I'd have given the same $60 I gave this weekend for my 8 foot Paraclipse....looks to be in decent shape...if the accuator works and they'll help you dig out the dish...go for it. Blind

For some stupid reason I tend to collect dishes...If I didn't have to dig out the pole, I probably would buy it. It would be a great starter BUD. The HD signals would probably not come in the greatest. But I think you would get plenty of channels with a 7'. I think the receiver is not worth much. I would get a Coolsat or a Pansat or both:)

Unless you are really in a BUD-desert, I'd just say: no.
There's a lot of work in digging it out, and then it's just average-to-small.
As suggested, the receiver is worth nothing (well, to me).

Now, if he wants $25 or $50 and will help you dig out the pole and such...!
That'd be a different story! :)

I paid a guy around $135 or so, in cash and gifts, for a pristine Birdview, and he worked like a dog to dig out the pole and smash of the cement!
My other BUD was -free- and would put yours to shame! H-H motor, Toshiba analog receiver, et al.
I didn't take the first dishes I located. I searched for sweet deals. Both linked in my signature

Nice Anole (local pal) .. when ever you ran into a nice CBander of at least 8ft+ that can be taken apart in pieces, let me know. :D

oh and free would be cherry too

Most people are happy to give them away, sick of mowing around them. Every once in a while I find someone who thinks what they have is valuable, yet are willing to let it corrode away before they'll consider letting someone get some use out of it. Too bad. I've only ever paid for 1 dish and it was nearly new, and the single mom really needed the money. Not too many people will beat the guy's door down to have that dish, look for others if there are some around. BTW, you say it's a 7 footer, did you measure it across or around the curvature of the back?

would kick if hung with a new rope:

Nice Anole (local pal) .. when ever you ran into a nice CBander of at least 8ft+ that can be taken apart in pieces, let me know. :D

oh and free would be cherry too
I thought I gave enough info about some local 6' Prodelin offset dishes for you to go bag one. - :cool:
Now you want it delivered, too? - :eek: - :D - and run through a car-wash on the way over? ;)

I thought I gave enough info about some local 6' Prodelin offset dishes for you to go bag one. - :cool:
Now you want it delivered, too? - :eek: - :D - and run through a car-wash on the way over? ;)

Solid dishes are hard for me to get caz I don't have a truck. Have tp break it down and place the slices in my SUV. Feel me? LOL

No delivery nor cash detail needed, just if you come about one that you wont keep and want to spare to a broda.

I have never had to pay for a C-Band dish. Most folks are just happy that someone will come and remove it for them and that they don't have to pay to dispose of it. I would put it to him that way.........he would likely have to pay to dispose of it so you are saving him money.

If he were willing to (carefully) disassemble it for you, it might be worth paying $50-75.

I got 6 C-band dishes (2 - 10 feet and 4 - 6 feet) and 7 actuators and 10 analog receivers for $50 total. All down and ready to go. Oh, yes, included several hundred feet of old C-band ribbon cable and about 150 feet of RG-11. So, IMHO, no go. Oh yeah, that was in one trip. In a previous jaunt I got a 10' Winegard complete set up - analog.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)