Would you recommend buying a Touchpad?

I've had my touchpad for ~2 months now.

I have mine flashed to the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) build and i'm very happy with it. I'm an advanced user of all things gadget and network related, hacking devices is a way of life for me.

Now - about your question.... are you looking to have a device with good support out of the box that "just works" ? If so, a touchpad is probably not for you. There are other Android tablets (galaxy tab, htc flyer, and many others) that will have a better "out of the box" android experience. If you leave the touchpad running the stock HP WebOS software - you'll most likely be frustrated by the lack of support from HP as well as the severely lacking application selection.

However - if you're a hacker type and you like scouring forums and pushing your devices to the limit, spending your time learning and really understanding how things tick --the Touchpad would be PERFECT for you. Just know that you're signing up for a challenge.

If you have any other questions, just let me know (reply here or PM is fine. I can shoot you my phone number if you'd like to talk that way too).

I'm just looking for a cheap tablet.

I don't mind hacking a device if I have to, which I was planning to do to the Touchpad.

Maybe the Kindle Fire would be better?

Been looking at tablets recently & was wondering if a Touchpad would be a good one to buy?

Google Touchpad XDA and you can get all the info you need on an HP Touchpad.

Sent from ICS HP Touchpad with Tapatalk

I have a kindle fire as well.

the fire's bootloader is much more stubborn (and easier to brick). Touchpad is easier to work with and more forgiving.

My TP has been amazing since I got it from BB for 99$ and now I have 2 new Ipads coming Friday. I have one already spoken for and keeping the other for me to play with. Prob after the Hype is done I will end up selling the Ipad and keep my TPad :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

In a couple of months the Asus Memo comes out. It's supposed to be $250 with ICS and have pretty good specs. With the prices of full-fledged tablets dropping so fast, I can't see the point of buying a nook color or hp touchpad unless, like the guy above, hacking and modding are interesting to you. Not that the touchpad isn't full-fledged, but good luck finding one on the cheap anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)