Would you upgrade to a new tech, or is BD it?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Someone started a thread like this on Blu-ray.com and I think its an interesting question.

My thoughts are that BD at 1080p/24 on a nice 60" tv(or larger projector) that can handle it may be enough for me and I would not early adopt again.

Maybe if they come out with the 3d stuff and its top notch, maybe.

While I will stick with HD DVD happily :D, your question is a good one -- but of course folks like us will always update to the next greatest technology. 1080p might sound like the ultimate, but we know there will always be something better.

Hell, we are the early adopters, and we know we pay too much money for beta technologies, but we do it anyway. :)

I see it a lot like pc's. I used to buy a new pc almost every year because of drastic speed increases. Ive had the same 3.2ghz P4 with 2 gigs of ram for 3 years now because I dont need anything faster. The leap from VHS to DVD was large, DVD to HDM was medium, i think the next jump will be fairly small.

The upcoming TV designs will be a big thing I think, 100000:1 contrast ratios, the slim OLEDs.

If movie downloads are the next logical step, how long before most are ready/able to download something thats larger than 50 gigs?

Last edited:
One day in the future, but probably not the near future, we will probably see Hologram Technology being used for our TV entertainment? Then again, who knows what will turn up?

I have my PS3, I am happy with it, and I am keeping an eye for the Pioneers players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)