WOW am I mad...

I received an HDMI cable with my 622 in October.

Yer a lucky guy..WE do not supply nor does any other DNSC contractor nor do DNSC techs supply those cables..In fact there is another poster on this thread who stated he bought his HDMI cables. If dish supplied them then why would HE but one?.If someone gave these to you out of the goodness of their heart or whatever, don't expect dish to ship you a new one...Not trying to be mean ,just telling you how it is...

Because threats usually meet a favorable response? CSRs cannot give out their complete names, and it's unethical to begin with to try and hold a representative accountable for a company policy (that said I see it every day.) Attorney General's only carry weight against large corporations at the Federal, not State level. I don't know many consumers that have the resources to battle a major company over something this petty.

Doing nothing except going away accomplishes nothing, guaranteed!

Asking for a CSR name, even when it may be considered by you to be unethical will often get you an identity but more importantly, it demonstrates your sincerety to the CSR that you will not accept his denial of your warranty claim that he has decided to deny you.

I do not agree with you that flat denial of warranty claim is a Dish Network company policy.

I recently claimed a company representative was personally responsible for false statements on an insurance inspection and promised to take him into court, not the company. In two hours, I had an official apology from the company and the representative plus a retraction of the failed inspection report. What did it, was the business like way that I requested the name of the representative's legal counsel so I could have my attorney contact his attorney. Never make just threats. offer an explanation as to what you will be doing and when and then do it if necessary. Ask questiions in an assertive way that demonstrates you are not making idle thrats, but plan to take action to get whats right. There is a big difference. I'm not suggesting you sue the company. Not even suggesting you take them to small claims court althoughh a SCC filing is what I finally had to do once to DirecTV to get them to settle with me on a damaged DTC-100 years ago.

Asking for a CSR name, even when it may be considered by you to be unethical will often get you an identity but more importantly, it demonstrates your sincerety to the CSR that you will not accept his denial of your warranty claim that he has decided to deny you.

You make a good point! It is not unheard of for CSR's (not necessarily at Dish) who are looking to impress the boss to take it upon themselves to deny claims. Some less scrupulous companies actually encourage this practice as their goal is to reduce claims, not make customers happy. Personally, I think this is one reason a lot of companies choose to out-source their warranty operations, then they can blame the 3rd party when customers complain.

Insisting on getting a name or speaking to a supervisor usually puts the CSR on notice that you will not accept his/her answer and that you are willing to take it to a higher level. On one of my many 522 replacements, the CSR refused to waive the $14 shipping charge (even though I had only had the unit a couple of months). When I refused to accept and asked to speak to her supervisor, I was put on hold for a couple minutes and suddenly she was more than happy to ship the unit with no additional shipping charges -- I never did speak to her supervisor.

Doing nothing except going away accomplishes nothing, guaranteed!

I do not agree with you that flat denial of warranty claim is a Dish Network company policy.

I recently claimed a company representative was personally responsible for false statements on an insurance inspection and promised to take him into court, not the company. In two hours, I had an official apology from the company and the representative plus a retraction of the failed inspection report. What did it, was the business like way that I requested the name of the representative's legal counsel so I could have my attorney contact his attorney. Never make just threats. offer an explanation as to what you will be doing and when and then do it if necessary. Ask questiions in an assertive way that demonstrates you are not making idle thrats, but plan to take action to get whats right. There is a big difference. I'm not suggesting you sue the company. Not even suggesting you take them to small claims court althoughh a SCC filing is what I finally had to do once to DirecTV to get them to settle with me on a damaged DTC-100 years ago.

Perhaps. But in more cases than not (especially given the nature of some of the issues floating around) you're more than likely going to receive some of the information you request (giving out agent identification and location information IS against most companys' policies) it will also place the company in a position to make a final decision. Now in the above case you mentioned, you received the response you preferred, but to be brutally honest, what is the liklihood that would happen again? What are the chances that you wouldn't just end up at someone's voicemail?

There's a point (that I dance on on a regular basis) where the customer is asking for more than policy or good sense allows for. The fact that just because I can, doesn't mean I should applies for both approving or denying a request; in your above example a warranty claim. Now from what I've read around the forums, there are legitimate issues out there. But I think it's also reasonable to say there's a lot of people playing the wounded victim in an effort to receive more than they are due.

The customer is always right, that's a true thing. But even when they're right, it doesn't mean they get what they want. You can't run a business on that philosophy. And once your company reaches a certain size, if you make an exception, from that point on people expect that same exception each and everytime they come to you. (And then come to this board to tell everyone about the exception, who then call up said company and demand the same....) Makes you kind of hesitant to make any kind of exception doesn't it.

I digress though... My original point is this. It is extremely unfair to place the weight of a multi-billion dollar company onto the shoulders of a single agent who is simply following policy. If you dislike a law, you take it up with the lawmakers. If you dislike a policy, you take it up with the policy makers. I guarantee you, none of the business rules that CSR is following did he/she decide to put into place or enforce. They're just the person that happened to pick up the phone to help you, IF they are permitted to.

"giving out agent identification and location information IS against most companys' policies"

You seem to exist in a very tiny world. I make calls to CSR's of various companies and not only have I never been refused when asked for the identity of the person with whom I am speaking but in most cases they volunteer it. Generally, I only ask when I forgot to write it down at the beginning of the conversation. We're not requesting your social security number or your mother's maiden name or your home address here. We're just asking for your identity so that when an historical reference of the call is made, I can reference the time. and person I was speaking with. Now if you are going to say that the identity I have always been given was false then I have no way of telling that but, the lies can fly both directions and, if shown in court that the CSR has lied whether by company policy or by choice, your case will automatically be lost.

Are there nefarious individuals out there who will go the extra mile of argument to get extra free stuff? Absolutely. But it is incumbent upon you, the representative of the company to make the correct determination on that. In the case of this thread, a loss of hdmi output that has already been determined to be a physical defect in the 622, a clear case of warranty claim, except (by company policy) where it was found that Vizio TV's are the exception. You must process that claim for a replacement. To fail in that, makes you, not the company, liable. In my company, if an employee became that zealous of making up his own policy that directly bucked the documented practice of policy the company has a history of would be grounds for dismissal! At Dish, I don't know but I would guess it would at minimum be groundfs for disciplinary action.

Remember, were not talking about other possible acts of deceit by customers here, we're talking about a specific claim that was made by a Dish Customer about a specific defect in a product that is ubiquitous to the product. We can discuss general CSR philosophy in another thread.

Additionally, the request to switch to component cabling is at best an alternative to get picture until such time as the new replacement can be delivered. IT is wrong and unethical for a CSR to use that temporary fix as a substitute for processing the warranty claim. I consider that excuse to be like you claim your breakes don't work on your car and the automobile mfg. claims processor says, can you stop your car with the parking break? you say yes. The Claims processor says well use that from now on! Would you accept that response if this happened to your car? Then why would you expect a customer of a Dish receiver to be denied a warranty claim on the basis that you can have them run on the substitute cables?

Yer a lucky guy..WE do not supply nor does any other DNSC contractor nor do DNSC techs supply those cables..In fact there is another poster on this thread who stated he bought his HDMI cables. If dish supplied them then why would HE but one?.If someone gave these to you out of the goodness of their heart or whatever, don't expect dish to ship you a new one...Not trying to be mean ,just telling you how it is...

Are you sure about that? DNSC infact, (at least my office) does supply HDMI cables.

The product you have is defective. Get them to replace it. If they Stonewall you, explain to them you will be reporting them to the states attorney general's office. Then request the individual's name (CSR) as if it come to a law suit you will be naming him as an individual defendent in the case because you suspect you are being singled out by him unjustly. That others have received replacements for the same problem. Document everythiong and then do write the letters to the atty general. Send Dish a copy of that letter. Also play the CSR roulette game. Too bad you have to play that game but this is the 21st century and big business makes a habit of committing fraud on the general public as an SOP. Get used to it. I have examples of this sort of stonewalling, and denial of warranty claims in many different industries, including banking.

Wow!!! Look at Mr. Tough.

Geez, somehow, I'm still not impressed with you.

Are you sure about that? DNSC infact, (at least my office) does supply HDMI cables.
We are a DNS contractor....We do not supply those cables....Dish may be buying them for the DNSC offices but they are not doing so for the DNS contractors.....And we ceratinly aren't buying them..too much $$..We would sell them..But give them away?..No sir....It's bad enough we have to buy component cables for each HD reaceiver we order..Dish does reimburse a portion of the cost....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts